Artic Cooling NV Silencer Rev 3.0 Question

jokersgrin

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
Hey all I need some information here as I can't find it myself
I'm looking at this Artic Cooling NV silencer rev3 to repalce the stock cooler on two 7800gt's in SLI
My question is with 2 of these coolers installed on the 7800's will it fit with both of them on a DFI NF4 SLI-DR expert mobo or will there be clearance issues!

If there is clearance issues with this cooler could you recommend a different aftermarket cooling solution that would work on this mobo in SLI

Thanks in advance

mopeygoth

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2003
They should install fine on an Asus A8n-sli Deluxe, I've seen a few people doing it, though the Dfi NB cooler is bigger, but seems to be placed further to the back (right if you wish). You should check around the forums on other websites, it's a pretty common question

If you find that they don't fit, i would NOT advice going with the new zalman sollution for sli, it simply uses the bottom card's boiling hot air to cool the top one. A complete waterhead with both gpu and memorycooling will not cost you that much more and they will definately fit, though the rest of the watercooling system would set you back a bit further.