Right Click 'Send to Desktop' not working

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
November 24, 2004 9:45:09 PM

I am using Windows 95.

Nothing happens when I right click the file and select 'Send to Desktop
(shortcut)'. I believe something is wrong with the 'Send to Desktop
(shortcut)' in the Send To Menu. The fie size is 0kb.

I have attempted to recreate a new Send to Desktop shortcut by creating a
new text document and naming it Desktop.DESKLINK but still, it doesnt work.

Pls help. Thanks.
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 2:33:53 AM

The Desklink shortcut is supposed to be 0KB. In Windows 95, I had that shortcut
stop working once Internet Explorer was upgraded to version 5.x

You can try fixing it with the "Send To X Fix" found on this page:
http://www.aumha.org/regfiles.htm
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm