Right Click 'Send to Desktop' not working

I am using Windows 95.

Nothing happens when I right click the file and select 'Send to Desktop
(shortcut)'. I believe something is wrong with the 'Send to Desktop
(shortcut)' in the Send To Menu. The fie size is 0kb.

I have attempted to recreate a new Send to Desktop shortcut by creating a
new text document and naming it Desktop.DESKLINK but still, it doesnt work.

Pls help. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about right click send desktop working

    The Desklink shortcut is supposed to be 0KB. In Windows 95, I had that shortcut
    stop working once Internet Explorer was upgraded to version 5.x

    You can try fixing it with the "Send To X Fix" found on this page:
    http://www.aumha.org/regfiles.htm
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "supercloudbug" <supercloudbug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am using Windows 95.
    >
    > Nothing happens when I right click the file and select 'Send to Desktop
    > (shortcut)'. I believe something is wrong with the 'Send to Desktop
    > (shortcut)' in the Send To Menu. The fie size is 0kb.
    >
    > I have attempted to recreate a new Send to Desktop shortcut by creating a
    > new text document and naming it Desktop.DESKLINK but still, it doesnt work.
    >
    > Pls help. Thanks.

Desktops Windows 95 Microsoft Windows