Windows XP SP2 Bluetooth vs PPC Lan access

September 14, 2004 12:07:47 AM

Hi, I have a belkin bluetooth adapter that I use at work to connect to my
local LAN and the internet. I'm with windows 2000 at work and the belkin
supplied drivers and software work very well.
But once at home with winxp sp2 and the microsoft bluetooth stack, it looks
that the MS bluetooth software have none of the usefull features the belkin
driver offers.

I need the LAN profile of the belkin software, I do not like to use the
activesync passthrough because this is not real networking.

Is there any way I can remove all the MS Stuff to run only with the belkin
software ?

Thanks a lot.

Vince
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 12:07:48 AM

Just went through this and can't locate the specific instructions. The gist
though was once you loaded the Belkin stuff which the MS stack is hiding,
you go into the BT device and tell it you want to update the device driver.
You wind your way to a screen that has two drivers on it, one is certified
(the MS one) and one is not. Tell it to use the uncertified one, and insist
on it and the Belkin drivers will take over. Hope that helps. I found the
instructions googling. It is possible, so buck-up.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Ricchie Roberts" <ricchie@roberts.com> wrote in message
news:o ZDYf7emEHA.2020@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I have a belkin bluetooth adapter that I use at work to connect to my
> local LAN and the internet. I'm with windows 2000 at work and the belkin
> supplied drivers and software work very well.
> But once at home with winxp sp2 and the microsoft bluetooth stack, it
looks
> that the MS bluetooth software have none of the usefull features the
belkin
> driver offers.
>
> I need the LAN profile of the belkin software, I do not like to use the
> activesync passthrough because this is not real networking.
>
> Is there any way I can remove all the MS Stuff to run only with the belkin
> software ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Vince

Anonymous
September 14, 2004 7:59:46 PM

Pretty much this is the thing to do if you have the Belkin drivers and just
want to replace the (non LAN enabled) SP2 drivers .

Also, check this thread:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=8&TopicId=...

!