Please reveiw it's my first home built computer

I am looking for suggestions on this computer i am going to attemp to build.
I am looking for something that will help me to record or download torrents in order to build me a libary of DVDs that i can burn as well as PS2 games for my grandson.
I also play some computer games if this helps.
what I am looking at is listed below:
712-series black ATX 500w mid tower case with front temp display.
Western Digital 250 Gbt with 8MB Cache
HP dvd 740i light scribe DL.
ASUS P5ND2-SLI Socket T (LGA 775) Nvidia nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard .
Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T Processor Model BX80547PG3000F.
SAPPHIRE 100142L Radeon X1300 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card.
2-CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Unbuffered System Memory Model VS1GB533D2
Link Depot Power Adapter Cable Model POW-ADT-2024 if my mobo power supply only has a 20 pin connector.

I have the case and hard drive as well as the dvd burner but I'M waiting on feedback before I buy the rest of the goods.

I need to know if these are compatable with eack other and if not any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Deerhunter721 :roll:
4 answers Last reply
More about please reveiw home built computer
  1. If your looking to create some type of data base for yourself, you may consider more drives. Backing up torrents and DVDs can become a very large task. You may want to consider a terabyte system in with a raid 0+11+0 separet from your OS. If you go this route, bump your PSU and add some better cooling.
  2. thanks for the advise i was going to put in a second dvd burner from my old computer and down the line add a second 250G hd. do you think i will have trouble with the mobo and video card, I heard a couple of people gave bad reviews about the pair. :roll:
  3. http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/good-setup-ftopict173387.html

SLI's are not the fave these days. Intel in my opinion has not done a great job with the DDR2, but I'm bias to AMD, so thats probably not worth much to you. But for your usage you should have a solid rig as long as you have enough storage.
  4. If your not crazy about the SLI then what would you suggest, keep in mind of my price range ($150) and doesn't the ddr2 sticks have faster responce time than the 184 sticks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems