Best Browser for W95b?

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
December 9, 2004 10:46:42 PM

Hi all,

I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2 on it but since M$
prevents the public for downloading it from its' own web site, is
there any other way to get a copy? If that doesn't work out,
what would be the best browser for this older machine (opera,
netscape, any other) and which version?

thanks,
charles......

More about : browser w95b

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 12:57:06 AM

http://www2.kansas.net/download.asp

Ben

"***** charles" <shultzjrX@joimail.com> wrote in message news:10ri0518qujv60a@corp.supernews.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
> it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2 on it but since M$
> prevents the public for downloading it from its' own web site, is
> there any other way to get a copy? If that doesn't work out,
> what would be the best browser for this older machine (opera,
> netscape, any other) and which version?
>
> thanks,
> charles......

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 1:50:12 AM

If you have other older MS software like Word, Office etc. it would be
on there, or version 5 should be. Other older Non MS software also
shipped IE with their installation packages.

Mozilla (Firefox) runs fine on W95. http://www.mozilla.org/products/
While you're at it you may as well stuff Outhouse Express and download
Thunderbird mail client, or just download the Mozilla Suite, it includes
Firefox & Thunderbird in one package.

Shame on MS for not providing IE 5.x for users who have older pcs. I
can understand that MS wants everybody to upgrade to XP and I have no
problems with that. I do have a problem with Microsoft millionaires who
think that everyone can buy a new pc to run XP. People on fixed or
lower income can't buy new pc's even less your stupid XP! And if you
guys are so darn smart then make your XP run on a P166 with 64MB RAM...

John

***** charles wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
> it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2 on it but since M$
> prevents the public for downloading it from its' own web site, is
> there any other way to get a copy? If that doesn't work out,
> what would be the best browser for this older machine (opera,
> netscape, any other) and which version?
>
> thanks,
> charles......

December 10, 2004 4:53:17 PM

Old IE versions.
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/
http://www.greenapple.com/support/software/browsers/def...

For IE5.5 SP2, you can get a CD here for $2.99
http://on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "***** charles"
<shultzjrX@joimail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
>it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2
>charles......

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 4:53:18 PM

"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
news:p r3ir01mkqso493o746ojg5t8rs8num422@4ax.com...
> Old IE versions.
> http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/
> http://www.greenapple.com/support/software/browsers/def...
>
> For IE5.5 SP2, you can get a CD here for $2.99
> http://on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html
>
> ...Alan

how can they legally do this?

charles...