Best Browser for W95b?

Hi all,

I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2 on it but since M$
prevents the public for downloading it from its' own web site, is
there any other way to get a copy? If that doesn't work out,
what would be the best browser for this older machine (opera,
netscape, any other) and which version?

thanks,
charles......
4 answers Last reply
More about best browser w95b

    http://www2.kansas.net/download.asp

    Ben

    "***** charles" <shultzjrX@joimail.com> wrote in message news:10ri0518qujv60a@corp.supernews.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
    > it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2 on it but since M$
    > prevents the public for downloading it from its' own web site, is
    > there any other way to get a copy? If that doesn't work out,
    > what would be the best browser for this older machine (opera,
    > netscape, any other) and which version?
    >
    > thanks,
    > charles......

    If you have other older MS software like Word, Office etc. it would be
    on there, or version 5 should be. Other older Non MS software also
    shipped IE with their installation packages.

    Mozilla (Firefox) runs fine on W95. http://www.mozilla.org/products/
    While you're at it you may as well stuff Outhouse Express and download
    Thunderbird mail client, or just download the Mozilla Suite, it includes
    Firefox & Thunderbird in one package.

    Shame on MS for not providing IE 5.x for users who have older pcs. I
    can understand that MS wants everybody to upgrade to XP and I have no
    problems with that. I do have a problem with Microsoft millionaires who
    think that everyone can buy a new pc to run XP. People on fixed or
    lower income can't buy new pc's even less your stupid XP! And if you
    guys are so darn smart then make your XP run on a P166 with 64MB RAM...

    John

    ***** charles wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
    > it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2 on it but since M$
    > prevents the public for downloading it from its' own web site, is
    > there any other way to get a copy? If that doesn't work out,
    > what would be the best browser for this older machine (opera,
    > netscape, any other) and which version?
    >
    > thanks,
    > charles......

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Old IE versions.
    http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/
    http://www.greenapple.com/support/software/browsers/default.htm

    For IE5.5 SP2, you can get a CD here for $2.99
    http://on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "***** charles"
    <shultzjrX@joimail.com> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
    >it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2
    >charles......

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > Old IE versions.
    > http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/
    > http://www.greenapple.com/support/software/browsers/default.htm
    >
    > For IE5.5 SP2, you can get a CD here for $2.99
    > http://on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html
    >
    > ...Alan

    how can they legally do this?

    charles...

    PS. they also add for shipping

    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "***** charles"
    > <shultzjrX@joimail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >I am using a W95b machine with 64M of ram. After installation
    > >it had IE3 on it. I would like to put IE55SP2
    > >charles......

Browsers Microsoft Windows