Networking Help

I have a home network sytem that has two computers connected to a 4 port
router. Both use Win XP pro. I got an older model that uses WIn 95 that I'd
like to conenct to the network. Before I try any advice on what steps to take
to get the Win 95 conneted and be seen by the other computers?

Phil
3 answers Last reply
More about networking help

    I may have found out the answer in another posting in the Network part.

    Phil

    "Phil K" wrote:

    > I have a home network sytem that has two computers connected to a 4 port
    > router. Both use Win XP pro. I got an older model that uses WIn 95 that I'd
    > like to conenct to the network. Before I try any advice on what steps to take
    > to get the Win 95 conneted and be seen by the other computers?
    >
    > Phil

    Phil,

    tell us all the answer you have found, respectivele where you found the
    answer. I formyself have the same problem to see the W95-PC (the
    Host-Computer) from the XP-Computer the Guest-Computer)

    Phil K schrieb in Nachricht ...
    >I may have found out the answer in another posting in the Network part.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    In article <9174F2C8-E3C4-4B61-9F90-D5BB8C08F03F@microsoft.com>, Phil
    K <PhilK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >I have a home network sytem that has two computers connected to a 4 port
    >router. Both use Win XP pro. I got an older model that uses WIn 95 that I'd
    >like to conenct to the network. Before I try any advice on what steps to take
    >to get the Win 95 conneted and be seen by the other computers?
    >
    >Phil

    Since Windows XP's Network Setup Wizard won't run on Windows 95,
    configure the Windows 95 network settings manually. Go to Control
    Panel | Network and:

    1. Add these network components if they aren't already present:

    TCP/IP protocol
    Client for Microsoft Networks
    File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

    2. Remove these network components if they're present:

    IPX/SPX protocol
    NetBEUI protocol
    Client for NetWare networks

    3. Set the workgroup name to the same name as the Windows XP computer
    uses (default for XP is MSHOME).

    The Win 95 system should get an IP address from the router and join
    the network.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows Networking
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ

Computers Networking Microsoft Windows