Networking Help

I have a home network sytem that has two computers connected to a 4 port
router. Both use Win XP pro. I got an older model that uses WIn 95 that I'd
like to conenct to the network. Before I try any advice on what steps to take
to get the Win 95 conneted and be seen by the other computers?

Phil

I may have found out the answer in another posting in the Network part.

Phil

"Phil K" wrote:

> I have a home network sytem that has two computers connected to a 4 port
> router. Both use Win XP pro. I got an older model that uses WIn 95 that I'd
> like to conenct to the network. Before I try any advice on what steps to take
> to get the Win 95 conneted and be seen by the other computers?
>
> Phil

Phil,

tell us all the answer you have found, respectivele where you found the
answer. I formyself have the same problem to see the W95-PC (the
Host-Computer) from the XP-Computer the Guest-Computer)

Phil K schrieb in Nachricht ...

In article <9174F2C8-E3C4-4B61-9F90-D5BB8C08F03F@microsoft.com>, Phil
K <PhilK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I have a home network sytem that has two computers connected to a 4 port
>router. Both use Win XP pro. I got an older model that uses WIn 95 that I'd
>like to conenct to the network. Before I try any advice on what steps to take
>to get the Win 95 conneted and be seen by the other computers?
>
>Phil

Since Windows XP's Network Setup Wizard won't run on Windows 95,
configure the Windows 95 network settings manually. Go to Control
Panel | Network and:

1. Add these network components if they aren't already present:

TCP/IP protocol
Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

2. Remove these network components if they're present:

IPX/SPX protocol
NetBEUI protocol
Client for NetWare networks

3. Set the workgroup name to the same name as the Windows XP computer
uses (default for XP is MSHOME).

The Win 95 system should get an IP address from the router and join
the network.
--
Best Wishes,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows Networking
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ