Spyware

Can anyone tell where to find anti-spyware software for Windows 95?

Both Norton and McAfee only support W98 and higher.

Spybot is questionable and I'm not sure I want to try it unless I'm sure.
What is everybody else using?

Also my Norton Anti Virus subscription has expired on my W95 also, and I
don't think they support that product any longer as well. Any thought on
this would also be appreciated.

Thank you

Tony

"Tony L" <nospam.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell where to find anti-spyware software for Windows 95?
>
>Both Norton and McAfee only support W98 and higher.
>
>Spybot is questionable and I'm not sure I want to try it unless I'm sure.
>What is everybody else using?
>
>Also my Norton Anti Virus subscription has expired on my W95 also, and I
>don't think they support that product any longer as well. Any thought on
>this would also be appreciated.
>
>Thank you
>
>Tony

Avast antivirus (free from www.avast.com) still works on Windows 95
but really puts a heavy load on the CPU.

Not sure about spyware products. AdAware SE also has problems with
Windows 95 I believe.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

"Tony L" <nospam.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell where to find anti-spyware software for Windows 95?
>
> Both Norton and McAfee only support W98 and higher.
>
> Spybot is questionable and I'm not sure I want to try it unless I'm sure.
> What is everybody else using?
>
> Also my Norton Anti Virus subscription has expired on my W95 also, and I
> don't think they support that product any longer as well. Any thought on
> this would also be appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> Tony

Hi I'm not sure why you think Spybot is questionable, do you mean
questionable effectiveness or questionable compatibility with W95? For Anti
Virus you could try Antivir http://www.free-av.com/ and Housecall
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ .

Will

Dan