Spyware

Can anyone tell where to find anti-spyware software for Windows 95?

Both Norton and McAfee only support W98 and higher.

Spybot is questionable and I'm not sure I want to try it unless I'm sure.
What is everybody else using?

Also my Norton Anti Virus subscription has expired on my W95 also, and I
don't think they support that product any longer as well. Any thought on
this would also be appreciated.

Thank you

Tony
3 answers Last reply
More about spyware

    "Tony L" <nospam.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone tell where to find anti-spyware software for Windows 95?
    >
    >Both Norton and McAfee only support W98 and higher.
    >
    >Spybot is questionable and I'm not sure I want to try it unless I'm sure.
    >What is everybody else using?
    >
    >Also my Norton Anti Virus subscription has expired on my W95 also, and I
    >don't think they support that product any longer as well. Any thought on
    >this would also be appreciated.
    >
    >Thank you
    >
    >Tony

    Avast antivirus (free from www.avast.com) still works on Windows 95
    but really puts a heavy load on the CPU.

    Not sure about spyware products. AdAware SE also has problems with
    Windows 95 I believe.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    "Tony L" <nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell where to find anti-spyware software for Windows 95?
    >
    > Both Norton and McAfee only support W98 and higher.
    >
    > Spybot is questionable and I'm not sure I want to try it unless I'm sure.
    > What is everybody else using?
    >
    > Also my Norton Anti Virus subscription has expired on my W95 also, and I
    > don't think they support that product any longer as well. Any thought on
    > this would also be appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Tony

    Hi I'm not sure why you think Spybot is questionable, do you mean
    questionable effectiveness or questionable compatibility with W95? For Anti
    Virus you could try Antivir http://www.free-av.com/ and Housecall
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ .

    Will
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Try these sites:

    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
    http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
    http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    http://www.spynet.com/spyware/spyware-WindUpdates.aspx

    Ad-Aware:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    And thank 'Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems'

    BTW....Shredder works well with 95.

    Hope this can help you.

Windows