Please help, windows opening up minimized!

I'm hoping somebody here can help me, I have browsed through the notes but
do not see my problem.

Last night when I was looking at E-bay, my windows started opening up
minimized in Internet Explorer. I open new pages with a right click of the
mouse and then "open new page". I have deleted all the temp. internet files
created, and gone to tools -> Internet Optinos -> programs-> reset web
settings and then rebooted, but no luck!

Thank you if you can help!
Laura
3 answers Last reply
More about please help windows opening minimized

    Why not post to an IE6 newsgroup as you obviously do not have Win95?

    Try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use Maximize)
    Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
    size next time.

    IE6 newsgroups.

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "Lola"
    <kat.nospamlover@verizon.net> wrote:

    >I'm hoping somebody here can help me, I have browsed through the notes but
    >do not see my problem.
    >
    >Last night when I was looking at E-bay, my windows started opening up
    >minimized in Internet Explorer. I open new pages with a right click of the
    >mouse and then "open new page". I have deleted all the temp. internet files
    >created, and gone to tools -> Internet Optinos -> programs-> reset web
    >settings and then rebooted, but no luck!
    >
    >Thank you if you can help!
    >Laura

    Boy am I red faced, I thought I had win95 but have win98...however, Alan's
    suggestion worked so I guess asking in here paid off!

    Cheers,
    Laura

    "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > Why not post to an IE6 newsgroup as you obviously do not have Win95?
    >
    > Try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use Maximize)
    > Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
    > size next time.
    >
    > IE6 newsgroups.

    > ...Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "Lola"
    > <kat.nospamlover@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm hoping somebody here can help me, I have browsed through the notes
    but
    > >do not see my problem.
    > >
    > >Last night when I was looking at E-bay, my windows started opening up
    > >minimized in Internet Explorer. I open new pages with a right click of
    the
    > >mouse and then "open new page". I have deleted all the temp. internet
    files
    > >created, and gone to tools -> Internet Optinos -> programs-> reset web
    > >settings and then rebooted, but no luck!
    > >
    > >Thank you if you can help!
    > >Laura

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    "Lola" <kat.nospamlover@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Boy am I red faced, I thought I had win95 but have win98...however, Alan's
    > suggestion worked so I guess asking in here paid off!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Laura
    >
    > "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Why not post to an IE6 newsgroup as you obviously do not have Win95?
    >>
    >> Try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use Maximize)
    >> Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
    >> size next time.
    >>
    >> IE6 newsgroups.

    >> ...Alan
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "Lola"
    >> <kat.nospamlover@verizon.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I'm hoping somebody here can help me, I have browsed through the notes
    > but
    >> >do not see my problem.
    >> >
    >> >Last night when I was looking at E-bay, my windows started opening up
    >> >minimized in Internet Explorer. I open new pages with a right click of
    > the
    >> >mouse and then "open new page". I have deleted all the temp. internet
    > files
    >> >created, and gone to tools -> Internet Optinos -> programs-> reset web
    >> >settings and then rebooted, but no luck!
    >> >
    >> >Thank you if you can help!
    >> >Laura

    he noticed you are using IE6 which does not work in win95 :>

    here is a link for windows support sites (for future reference :> )

    http://www.aumha.org/support.htm

Internet Explorer Internet Windows