  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 23, 2004 11:33:31 AM

My computer has been restarting on its own and/or blacking
out causing me to restart. I receive an error message
saying that microsoft has recovered from a seroius error.
The error signature reads: BCCode : d1 BCP: 0a0a0014
BCP2: 0000000D BCP3: 00000000 BCP4 : F94F25FC OSVer :
5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 768:1

The error report contents say
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini082304-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\hpq\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I talked to a tech to see if it was a virus by running the
suggested virus download he recommended and there was no
virus showing up.

Any help would be appreciated, this is very frustrating.

Thank-you,

Greg Egloff
503-635-3527

More about : computer restarting

Anonymous
December 30, 2004 12:56:21 AM

Maybe yopur cpu fan is broken. The cpu gets hot and shuts down, by the
time it shuts downs it has cooled so it starts up again.....and
then.....

--
richardg5
Anonymous

My computer recently began restarting on its own, also. But mine only
does this on startup. After the second startup, it works fine, but
displays an error message:

Error signature

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 00000054 BCP3 : EDB9590C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 768_1

Error Report Contents

C.\Windows\Minidump\Mini122904-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2E.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

My problem began after I had trouble "unmounting" a Jump Drive and some
of the drive letters changed (but not the "C" drive).

--
Remove the "Delany" to reply.
Anonymous

Hi, Greg - and Richard.

Restarts may be caused by hardware problems - such as heat. Or it may be a
problem in software, such as a bad device driver. If it is a software
problem, WinXP should produce a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) full of codes
(similar to those you see in the Event Viewer or Error Report), but the blue
screen may disappear so quickly that you can't read it.

The default setting for what WinXP should do on System Failure is to
Automatically restart. If you change this (remove the check from the box at
System Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery Settings), your computer
will halt with the BSOD visible, giving you plenty of time to write down the
exact codes before you press the Reset button. Post those codes here and
someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX