SteelAngel

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
So I've finally got all my hardware installed and plugged in and am ready to install xp on the thing before lugging it to campus.

The install CD enters setup and I get to the point where it looks like it's loading various drivers (named at the bottom of the screen) before getting the following error:

session3_initialization_failed

For reference, my system is using the following components:

AMD 4400 dual core
Asus A8n-sli premium mobo
2x 1 gig sticks of corsair XMS 3200 RAM
EVGA 7800GTX
Plextor px-740A burner
WD 150 GB Raptor hd
WD 400 GB SATA HD

A search on the web for the error message turns up all sorts of stuff with no real link between then. Everything from bad RAM, to unrecognized CD-ROM drives . . .

At first I thought that it might be a problem with recognizing SATA drives, but the error comes up without any messages about unrecognized storage devices. I'm at a total loss at what to do here . . .

Edit: Oh, and it's not the CD. I just rebooted this system with the CD, and the setup probream got past the point where it crashes on the new rig.

SteelAngel

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
I'm not even getting far enough to choose. I plan to stick it on the 400 cause I know it wouldn't be too hard for me to fill up the raptor with just games. But, as I said, I'm getting the error before getting the chance to perform any input other than hitting f-keys to install raid/scsi drivers or do system recoveries.

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
What I ment was what is the internal configuration of the drives in the Comp?

Also when you fall into problems durring installs, strip your PC down its most bare configurations. One drive, one video, and a single stick of tested ram, and no unwanted connections like front and rear panel. Then work from there. In a worse case you should be able to make it to the agreement screen with only the cdrom installed.

Good luck

jnjkele

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
*echo's cashcow's comments*

be sure the drive you want to install on is set up as the first SATA drive in the chain (usually labeled 3rd IDE channel or something like that), and that your primary and secondary IDE channels don't have anything on them that could be seen as a potential place to install. I'd do as cashcow recommends - and more specifically, pull the raptor drive's connections so it isn't a factor and try it with just the 400 attached (only hdd in system) - you can always add the raptor back once you have it up and running.

TRENDING THREADS