Major issue with Office 2010

darkpowrjd

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I had been trying to repair Office 2010 after my attempt to move Steam folders to a different drive ended up with it thinking I wanted to move the entire contents of my Program Files contents. I rolled those back, but I have a more serious issue here.

First off, I had tried to uninstall Office from the Programs folder. I get the "The language package is not supported" or something like that.

Second, I clicked the Word icon that's on my Windows 7 bar. It said it had to install an image thing and needed the CD. I do that (it's Home/Student edition), and now it's doing something extremely weird where it continues to try to install this thing whenever I click it, and it causes my computer to repeatedly restart within a few minutes of starting back up (it first tries when it first starts up and says that there's not enough memory or disk space to run it when there clearly is). Furthermore, sometimes when it starts back up during this, I get the "you might be running a counterfiet version of Windows" and promoting me to "prove" I have a genuine copy of Windows 7 (just so you know, I bought mine, it's genuine, and I can prove that). My last recourse (and what has fixed the restarting issue) was to use System Restore. Sometimes it'll tell me that it wasn't able to because it was interrupted (by the Word issue, I bet). Right now, it's running okay, but I'm not sure what to do about this. I want to use Word, and I need to know how to fix this.

Hoping I didn't screw up my computer when I went to move Steam.

PS: The System Restore seemly screwed with WoW, where it crashes as soon as I start it up. It's never done that before the System Restore.

At this point I'd say that you'd be best served to back up your vital files and either reinstall windows or restore it back to factory conditions. From there just reload everything. It may be a bit rash, but it'll save you a lot of future headaches.