how to type Exponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura

I really need to know how to type exponents in word or other programs on my
computer. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook. In case you don't know what an
exponent is, its the little number above the first number (base) when your
saying 3 squared. Please help me!!!
--
please help me

Alt-253 for exponent of 2 as in 2²

In Word type other exponents by holding down the Ctrl,
Shift, and + keys, release,
then type the number key.

So to write 4 exponent 5, first type 4 then press Ctrl-
Shift-+ then press 5.

Hi laura,

Press and hold the Ctrl and Shift keys then press the +/= key and let go of
the three keys. Now key in the desired exponent. Repeat the Ctrl-Shift-+/=
combination to return to "normal".

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I really need to know how to type exponents in word or other programs on
my
> computer. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook. In case you don't know what an
> exponent is, its the little number above the first number (base) when
your
> saying 3 squared. Please help me!!!
> --
> please help me

lee

nah, just pack it all up and send it back

shift 6 or 2^32 or 2.18x10^12

"lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| nah, just pack it all up and send it back

It's known as superscript. You can add buttons to the toolbar or use the Format - Font dialog.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAAAA9BF-5A64-4DB1-A1F0-8AFA2BB79581@microsoft.com...
> I really need to know how to type exponents in word or other programs on my
> computer. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook. In case you don't know what an
> exponent is, its the little number above the first number (base) when your
> saying 3 squared. Please help me!!!
> --
> please help me

Hi laura,

Press and hold the Ctrl and Shift keys then press the +/= key and let go of
the three keys. Now key in the desired exponent. Repeat the Ctrl-Shift-+/=
combination to return to "normal".

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I really need to know how to type exponents in word or other programs on
my
> computer. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook. In case you don't know what an
> exponent is, its the little number above the first number (base) when
your
> saying 3 squared. Please help me!!!
> --
> please help me

I was also searching for this answer and got the correct+ easiest solution. thanks a lot to "Patti MacLeod Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User" :)))