Closed

how to type Exponents

I really need to know how to type exponents in word or other programs on my
computer. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook. In case you don't know what an
exponent is, its the little number above the first number (base) when your
saying 3 squared. Please help me!!!
--
please help me
8 answers Last reply

    Alt-253 for exponent of 2 as in 2²

    In Word type other exponents by holding down the Ctrl,
    Shift, and + keys, release,
    then type the number key.

    So to write 4 exponent 5, first type 4 then press Ctrl-
    Shift-+ then press 5.

    buy a new keyboard

    Hi laura,

    Press and hold the Ctrl and Shift keys then press the +/= key and let go of
    the three keys. Now key in the desired exponent. Repeat the Ctrl-Shift-+/=
    combination to return to "normal".

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I really need to know how to type exponents in word or other programs on
    my
    > computer. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook. In case you don't know what an
    > exponent is, its the little number above the first number (base) when
    your
    > saying 3 squared. Please help me!!!
    > --
    > please help me

    nah, just pack it all up and send it back

    shift 6 or 2^32 or 2.18x10^12

    "lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | nah, just pack it all up and send it back

    It's known as superscript. You can add buttons to the toolbar or use the Format - Font dialog.

    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

    "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAAAA9BF-5A64-4DB1-A1F0-8AFA2BB79581@microsoft.com...
    > I really need to know how to type exponents in word or other programs on my
    > computer. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook. In case you don't know what an
    > exponent is, its the little number above the first number (base) when your
    > saying 3 squared. Please help me!!!
    > --
    > please help me
  7. Quote:

    Hi laura,

    Press and hold the Ctrl and Shift keys then press the +/= key and let go of
    the three keys. Now key in the desired exponent. Repeat the Ctrl-Shift-+/=
    combination to return to "normal".

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I really need to know how to type exponents in word or other programs on
    my
    > computer. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook. In case you don't know what an
    > exponent is, its the little number above the first number (base) when
    your
    > saying 3 squared. Please help me!!!
    > --
    > please help me

    I was also searching for this answer and got the correct+ easiest solution. thanks a lot to "Patti MacLeod Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User" :)))

Dell Inspiron Microsoft Windows XP