only one option for color display

helpmeplease

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004

I reformatted my hard drive to get rid of unwanted junk and planned on using
it for my kids stuff. I re-intalled Win 95 but now when I go to the display
properties, there is only one color option when I had three (16 bit, 32 bit,
256) before I reformatted my drive. How do I restore these choices.

TRy reinstalling the video drivers.

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP
"helpmeplease" <helpmeplease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I reformatted my hard drive to get rid of unwanted junk and planned on
using
> it for my kids stuff. I re-intalled Win 95 but now when I go to the
display
> properties, there is only one color option when I had three (16 bit, 32
bit,
> 256) before I reformatted my drive. How do I restore these choices.

Philo

"helpmeplease" <helpmeplease@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I reformatted my hard drive to get rid of unwanted junk and planned on
>using
> it for my kids stuff. I re-intalled Win 95 but now when I go to the
> display
> properties, there is only one color option when I had three (16 bit, 32
> bit,
> 256) before I reformatted my drive. How do I restore these choices.

you need to install the video drivers for your card...
you need to first identify the board
(either look at it or use a utility such as hwinfo32)
then you can get the drivers from the mfg's website
or more than likely www.driverguide.com