Windows CD

I have Win 95 and I don't have the CD for it,and I want to repartition and
reformate my hard drive could I do that as if I have the CD( meaning copy it
from the system exact) any ideas will be great and grateful.
Thanks
nasser
2 answers Last reply
More about windows

    "could I do that as if I have the CD"

    Probably not. However, there are some computer systems that have the
    essential Windows installation files on their harddisks. If you have
    one of these, you could reinstall into a new empty folder.

    If you reformat the harddisk, you will, of course, delete everything
    that is on the harddisk including any Windows files.

    You may be able to buy Windows 95 via the Internet for a very low
    price. If you do this, be sure that you get the Product ID code.

    Bill Starbuck (MVP)

    There are backup programs that allow you to take an image of your hard
    drive. The problem would be the capacity of the CD. Also, you would have to
    ensure that you could re-install an operating system (eg DOS) that would
    allow you to retrieve the image from wherever you had saved it.

    Why not just buy a W95 CD on eBay?
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "nass" <nass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Win 95 and I don't have the CD for it,and I want to repartition and
    > reformate my hard drive could I do that as if I have the CD( meaning copy
    > it
    > from the system exact) any ideas will be great and grateful.
    > Thanks
    > nasser

Microsoft CD-Rom Hard Drives Windows Product