A380 too small :-)

Hi All,
According to a German report, Emirate Airline wants a bigger A380. One
that can hold 800 seats. That's 150 more than currently planned for
the A380!

Emirates, currently the largest customer of the A380 with 43 orders,
feels it needs the bigger plane to profitably operate cheap flights
over long distance routes. It wants a stretched version of the A380
which Airbus says they already have designed, but have no schedule yet
to produce it.

I'm just trying to keep you folks appraised as to what we can expect
in our FS future.

For a plane that big I need to upgrade my 19" monitor :))

-=tom=-

GREGORY

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:33:36 -0400, Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net>
brought the following to our attention:

>Hi All,
>According to a German report, Emirate Airline wants a bigger A380. One
>that can hold 800 seats. That's 150 more than currently planned for
>the A380!
>
>Emirates, currently the largest customer of the A380 with 43 orders,
>feels it needs the bigger plane to profitably operate cheap flights
>over long distance routes. It wants a stretched version of the A380
>which Airbus says they already have designed, but have no schedule yet
>to produce it.
>
>I'm just trying to keep you folks appraised as to what we can expect
>in our FS future.
>
>For a plane that big I need to upgrade my 19" monitor :))
>
>-=tom=-

oh.. you mean a stretch 380? :)

Arthur

I think they're running out of ideas of what to do with our oil money.

Arthur

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:38:04 +0100, Chris Curtis wrote:

> Baggage reclaim should be fun!

Oh yeah....800 heads...3 pieces of luggage per head.
Just imagine the future: 6 of those massive birds unloading their luggage
right next to eachother. That's 14.400 bags.
Now imagine that all 6 birds are from the same airline.
You're looking at 4800 people looking through 14.400 bags all at the same
time.

I can't help but smile at the thought alone. :)
The airport will need a SWAT-team just to keep the peace.

Before you know it Emirates will not be happy with just the two decks,
because those 800 people might need a little more space to move around, so
a third deck is required for some entertainment equipment. Maybe a pool, a
few airhockey tables (that should be cool!), a small gym and ofcourse a
mini massage parlour for the first class pax (you know those people live a
hard, exhausting life).

Personally I can't wait for the virgin-flight.
We probably won't be seeing many of them here in Holland, because the A340
is still the one passenger jet we rarely get to see. I think Singapore
Airlines and Cathay Pacific are the only airlines that fly them here.
I wish Air Canada would fly one here every now and again.....

--

Marcel
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

Arthur

You forgot about the camels, goats and chikkens : )

CYYZ

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> schreef in bericht
> You forgot about the camels

So the 380 could use two boobs on the roof, unlike the 747 with only
one....:)