Procedure entry point setwaitable timer could not be located

This is a problem related to an Intranet. My application runs normally on
Win95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP, on a single computer or using a network.

One client asked me to install the application to be read loaded from an
Intranet.

On Win95 clients at first I got an error message related to a missing
ws2_32.dll. I solved this problem installing Windows Socket 2 Update.

Now I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point
setwaitable timer could not be located in the dynamic link library
kernel32.dll"

What is the problem?

Kind regards,

Carlos
2 answers Last reply
More about procedure entry point setwaitable timer located

    "Carlos Borrero" <CarlosBorrero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This is a problem related to an Intranet. My application runs normally on
    > Win95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP, on a single computer or using a network.
    >
    > One client asked me to install the application to be read loaded from an
    > Intranet.
    >
    > On Win95 clients at first I got an error message related to a missing
    > ws2_32.dll. I solved this problem installing Windows Socket 2 Update.
    >
    > Now I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point
    > setwaitable timer could not be located in the dynamic link library
    > kernel32.dll"
    >
    > What is the problem?
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Carlos

    there is also a kernel32 update for win95 ...you could try that..

    search knowledge base for

    "Windows Socket Update - Kernel 32"

    Could that be SetWaitableTimer ?

    This is the SDK reference:
    Requirements
    Client: Requires Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT
    Workstation 4.0, Windows Me, or Windows 98.
    Server: Requires Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Server, or Windows NT
    Server 4.0.

    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "Carlos Borrero" <CarlosBorrero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This is a problem related to an Intranet. My application runs normally on
    > Win95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP, on a single computer or using a network.
    >
    > One client asked me to install the application to be read loaded from an
    > Intranet.
    >
    > On Win95 clients at first I got an error message related to a missing
    > ws2_32.dll. I solved this problem installing Windows Socket 2 Update.
    >
    > Now I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point
    > setwaitable timer could not be located in the dynamic link library
    > kernel32.dll"
    >
    > What is the problem?
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Carlos