Procedure entry point setwaitable timer could not be located

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 14, 2005 11:37:02 AM

This is a problem related to an Intranet. My application runs normally on
Win95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP, on a single computer or using a network.

One client asked me to install the application to be read loaded from an
Intranet.

On Win95 clients at first I got an error message related to a missing
ws2_32.dll. I solved this problem installing Windows Socket 2 Update.

Now I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point
setwaitable timer could not be located in the dynamic link library
kernel32.dll"

What is the problem?

Kind regards,

Carlos
March 14, 2005 5:31:28 PM

"Carlos Borrero" <CarlosBorrero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a problem related to an Intranet. My application runs normally on
> Win95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP, on a single computer or using a network.
>
> One client asked me to install the application to be read loaded from an
> Intranet.
>
> On Win95 clients at first I got an error message related to a missing
> ws2_32.dll. I solved this problem installing Windows Socket 2 Update.
>
> Now I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point
> setwaitable timer could not be located in the dynamic link library
> kernel32.dll"
>
> What is the problem?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Carlos

there is also a kernel32 update for win95 ...you could try that..

search knowledge base for

"Windows Socket Update - Kernel 32"
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 2:11:29 PM

Could that be SetWaitableTimer ?

This is the SDK reference:
Requirements
Client: Requires Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT
Workstation 4.0, Windows Me, or Windows 98.
Server: Requires Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Server, or Windows NT
Server 4.0.

--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)