CANT' INSTALL SOFTWARE USING CD ROM

HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO INSTALL A CDROM

TUTORIAL FOR OFFICE 2000 ON MY COMPUTER. I WAS ABLE TO

INSTALL ONE TUTORIAL FOR WORD BUT NOT EXCEL. I GOT THIS

ERROR MESSAGE. CANNOT FIND .DDL FILE DS32 .DDL NOT FOUND.

I'M USING WIN 95. I INSTALLED THE WORD TUTORIAL ABOUT

A YEAR AGO ON THE SYSTEM AND HAD NOT USED THE CD UNTIL

A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN I TRYED TO INSTALL THE EXCEL TUTORIAL.

I HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED ANYTHING FROM THE NET.

ALSO, WHEN I GO TO USE MY USE THE DEFRAG IT GOES

SO FAR THEN STOPS. I HAD A FRIEND LOOK AT IT TO SEE IF I HAD A

VIRUS BUT ALL HIS VIRUS PROTECTION SOFTWARE WAS ON CD AND

MY CD ROM IS NOT WORKING. I DO HAVE NORTON ON MY SYSTEM

BUT IT'S NOT UPDATED. I DID RUN IT AND FOUND NO VIRUS.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

I CAN BE REACHED AT homes7636@yahoo.com.
2 answers Last reply
More about cant install software

    "win 95" <win95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO INSTALL A CDROM
    >
    > TUTORIAL FOR OFFICE 2000 ON MY COMPUTER. I WAS ABLE TO
    >
    > INSTALL ONE TUTORIAL FOR WORD BUT NOT EXCEL. I GOT THIS
    >
    > ERROR MESSAGE. CANNOT FIND .DDL FILE DS32 .DDL NOT FOUND.
    >
    > I'M USING WIN 95. I INSTALLED THE WORD TUTORIAL ABOUT
    >
    > A YEAR AGO ON THE SYSTEM AND HAD NOT USED THE CD UNTIL
    >
    > A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN I TRYED TO INSTALL THE EXCEL TUTORIAL.
    >
    > I HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED ANYTHING FROM THE NET.
    >
    > ALSO, WHEN I GO TO USE MY USE THE DEFRAG IT GOES
    >
    > SO FAR THEN STOPS. I HAD A FRIEND LOOK AT IT TO SEE IF I HAD A
    >
    > VIRUS BUT ALL HIS VIRUS PROTECTION SOFTWARE WAS ON CD AND
    >
    > MY CD ROM IS NOT WORKING. I DO HAVE NORTON ON MY SYSTEM
    >
    > BUT IT'S NOT UPDATED. I DID RUN IT AND FOUND NO VIRUS.
    >
    > ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
    >
    > I CAN BE REACHED AT homes7636@yahoo.com.

    first ...please turn off your caps lock ..it makes things very hard to read
    and is considered 'shouting' on the net...

    you can download the file you need here and copy yo your windows\system
    folder

    http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files.php/dllfiles/D/DS32.DLL/download.html

    try running defrag in safemode (same with scandisk) or

    read here
    http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm (thks Gary)

    For free virus scanning try www.trendmicro.com

    What is the exact name of the file you are missing.

    Try also to run scandisk

    There is a shareware version of executive software defrag called diskeeper
    http://www.executivesoftware.com/coverpage.asp

    "win 95" wrote:

    > HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO INSTALL A CDROM
    >
    > TUTORIAL FOR OFFICE 2000 ON MY COMPUTER. I WAS ABLE TO
    >
    > INSTALL ONE TUTORIAL FOR WORD BUT NOT EXCEL. I GOT THIS
    >
    > ERROR MESSAGE. CANNOT FIND .DDL FILE DS32 .DDL NOT FOUND.
    >
    > I'M USING WIN 95. I INSTALLED THE WORD TUTORIAL ABOUT
    >
    > A YEAR AGO ON THE SYSTEM AND HAD NOT USED THE CD UNTIL
    >
    > A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN I TRYED TO INSTALL THE EXCEL TUTORIAL.
    >
    > I HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED ANYTHING FROM THE NET.
    >
    > ALSO, WHEN I GO TO USE MY USE THE DEFRAG IT GOES
    >
    > SO FAR THEN STOPS. I HAD A FRIEND LOOK AT IT TO SEE IF I HAD A
    >
    > VIRUS BUT ALL HIS VIRUS PROTECTION SOFTWARE WAS ON CD AND
    >
    > MY CD ROM IS NOT WORKING. I DO HAVE NORTON ON MY SYSTEM
    >
    > BUT IT'S NOT UPDATED. I DID RUN IT AND FOUND NO VIRUS.
    >
    > ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
    >
    > I CAN BE REACHED AT homes7636@yahoo.com.

CD-Rom Tutorial Windows