unable to access hotmail from pocket pc.

September 14, 2004 4:18:22 AM

I am having problems accessing my hotmail from my pocket
po. can anyone advise me on how to clear it up.

Eqip: hp ipaq 2200 w/bluetooth.
motorola v710 camera phone w/bluetooth
both are new and in good order. the Bluetooth
connection is very good. in fact i can access messenger
and all generic websites, but if i try and access my e-
mail it defaults back to a conntact moblie.msn.com
website.

i have called all manufacteers and all devices test out
fine.
any thoughts
please conntact me at sgtbobhow@yahoo.com
September 14, 2004 1:12:44 PM

If you are unable to sign in into the mobile hotmail web site it might be
because your device has the encryption files or settings corrupted (the file
in question is rsaenh.dll). People usually run into this problem after a ROM
upgrade when they restore from a backup taken with the previous ROM version.
The only sure fire cure for this is a hard reset but do this at your own
risk, save all your documents and make sure you can re-install all your
software. You can also try HTTPMail
(http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=9539) which will integrate
hotmail with Pocket Outlook but you may run into the simmilar issues if the
encryption is indeed broken.

Adrian

"robert s. howard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having problems accessing my hotmail from my pocket
> po. can anyone advise me on how to clear it up.
>
> Eqip: hp ipaq 2200 w/bluetooth.
> motorola v710 camera phone w/bluetooth
> both are new and in good order. the Bluetooth
> connection is very good. in fact i can access messenger
> and all generic websites, but if i try and access my e-
> mail it defaults back to a conntact moblie.msn.com
> website.
>
> i have called all manufacteers and all devices test out
> fine.
> any thoughts
> please conntact me at sgtbobhow@yahoo.com

Anonymous
September 14, 2004 2:42:14 PM

Inbox does not support Hotmail. You should do one of the two:

1. Buy an extender program like OneMail that extends the support to Hotmail.
2. Use Pocket Internet Explorer to access it via Browser, from
http://mobile.msn.com

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com