AMD Demos Eyefinity on FirePro W9000 Workstation GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Someone need to patent the use of a touchscreen for the switches in these kind of games, and you can use it when playing on desktop, that would be nice...probably someone already has...or i just lose a few millions...
You could play with 3 monitors and a "tablet" for all the switches and buttons..and whatever...

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Ok, but as moot as that is for consumers.. I'm wondering if the renders are runtime or video.. either way they look choppy.

Not impressed (mad face)

TheViper

Distinguished
[citation][nom]alxianthelast[/nom]Ok, but as moot as that is for consumers.. I'm wondering if the renders are runtime or video.. either way they look choppy. Not impressed (mad face)[/citation]
How can it not be runtime if the guy is piloting a helicopter in a simulator? What, was he just mimicking the motions with the flight stick?

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
[citation][nom]TheViper[/nom]How can it not be runtime if the guy is piloting a helicopter in a simulator? What, was he just mimicking the motions with the flight stick?[/citation]

Wouldn't be the first time for a marketing demo to be caught out as someone miming the actions to the video, but no I'm looking at the first video with the fractal pattern and asking if that is runtime.

It reminds me of the nvidia tech demo http://youtu.be/SbSo7onX9qI which I'd like to see running realtime, but lack the hardware :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Lord Captivus[/nom]Someone need to patent the use of a touchscreen for the switches in these kind of games, and you can use it when playing on desktop, that would be nice...probably someone already has...or i just lose a few millions...You could play with 3 monitors and a "tablet" for all the switches and buttons..and whatever...[/citation]

Why should that be 'patentable' ? Don't make suggestions like that please.

BTW, I do not know about other games but for serious flight Sims that would not be a good idea (except for the displays in a Glass cockpit). You want tactile buttons. In real life we are expected to find any control and switch in the dark by feel alone (in case of power failure in the cockpit). Not possible with a touch pad of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.