BAT FILE

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 6, 2005 6:43:03 AM

Hi, i have a few computers (win 98 and 95) that are networked in a workgroup
network. When the computers start up, they read a bat file from the server
that deletes temp files, directories etc.

I managed to get the 98 computers reading the BAT file at stratup via the
("C:/WINDOWS\ALL USERS\PROGRAMS\START MENU\START UP") directory.

But i cannot get the 95 machines to read the bat file, as this particular
directory does not exist. The 95 machines can definately read off the srever
as i othe folders on the desktop that connect to the server.

Where do i make a shortcut on the 95 machines to make that BAT file run on
startup?

regards

More about : bat file

April 6, 2005 1:07:14 PM

"Pinto1uk" <Pinto1uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i have a few computers (win 98 and 95) that are networked in a
> workgroup
> network. When the computers start up, they read a bat file from the server
> that deletes temp files, directories etc.
>
> I managed to get the 98 computers reading the BAT file at stratup via the
> ("C:/WINDOWS\ALL USERS\PROGRAMS\START MENU\START UP") directory.
>
> But i cannot get the 95 machines to read the bat file, as this particular
> directory does not exist. The 95 machines can definately read off the
> srever
> as i othe folders on the desktop that connect to the server.
>
> Where do i make a shortcut on the 95 machines to make that BAT file run on
> startup?
>
> regards

c:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 1:56:25 AM

If your message is relevant to several newsgroups you should post one
message to several groups rather than a separate message to each group.
That way, all replies appear in both places.

Answered in microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

!