BAT FILE

Hi, i have a few computers (win 98 and 95) that are networked in a workgroup
network. When the computers start up, they read a bat file from the server
that deletes temp files, directories etc.

I managed to get the 98 computers reading the BAT file at stratup via the
("C:/WINDOWS\ALL USERS\PROGRAMS\START MENU\START UP") directory.

But i cannot get the 95 machines to read the bat file, as this particular
directory does not exist. The 95 machines can definately read off the srever
as i othe folders on the desktop that connect to the server.

Where do i make a shortcut on the 95 machines to make that BAT file run on
startup?

regards
2 answers Last reply
More about file

    "Pinto1uk" <Pinto1uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, i have a few computers (win 98 and 95) that are networked in a
    > workgroup
    > network. When the computers start up, they read a bat file from the server
    > that deletes temp files, directories etc.
    >
    > I managed to get the 98 computers reading the BAT file at stratup via the
    > ("C:/WINDOWS\ALL USERS\PROGRAMS\START MENU\START UP") directory.
    >
    > But i cannot get the 95 machines to read the bat file, as this particular
    > directory does not exist. The 95 machines can definately read off the
    > srever
    > as i othe folders on the desktop that connect to the server.
    >
    > Where do i make a shortcut on the 95 machines to make that BAT file run on
    > startup?
    >
    > regards

    c:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

    If your message is relevant to several newsgroups you should post one
    message to several groups rather than a separate message to each group.
    That way, all replies appear in both places.

    Answered in microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

    "Pinto1uk" <Pinto1uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, i have a few computers (win 98 and 95) that are networked in a
    > workgroup
    > network. When the computers start up, they read a bat file from the server
    > that deletes temp files, directories etc.
    >
    > I managed to get the 98 computers reading the BAT file at stratup via the
    > ("C:/WINDOWS\ALL USERS\PROGRAMS\START MENU\START UP") directory.
    >
    > But i cannot get the 95 machines to read the bat file, as this particular
    > directory does not exist. The 95 machines can definately read off the
    > srever
    > as i othe folders on the desktop that connect to the server.
    >
    > Where do i make a shortcut on the 95 machines to make that BAT file run on
    > startup?
    >
    > regards

Computers Windows