95 Domain filed missing

Hi there,

95 machine has lost its Domain name. Just username and password. All
settigns look to be fine in client for windows etc. I can ping a server from
machine (which would point to the connectivity being okay) once it logs in
(locally I believe) Have tried to re-install clients and services but same
issue. I seem to remember an issue where a file becomes to large and stops
Domain logon.

Does anyone remember this or know anything that may bring the Domain field
backup...

Thnx in advance...

HAGGIS

"Tom Packham" <tom.packham@pcs.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> 95 machine has lost its Domain name. Just username and password. All
> settigns look to be fine in client for windows etc. I can ping a server
> from
> machine (which would point to the connectivity being okay) once it logs
> in
> (locally I believe) Have tried to re-install clients and services but same
> issue. I seem to remember an issue where a file becomes to large and stops
> Domain logon.
>
> Does anyone remember this or know anything that may bring the Domain field
> backup...
>
> Thnx in advance...

control panel >system>network>client for microsoft networks >properties >
check box "log onto windows NT domain" ?

Found it...NetBeui was not installed...took me half a day to figure out
lol...a while since using 95...Just had to remap drives and all
sorted...Thnx
"Tom Packham" <tom.packham@pcs.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> 95 machine has lost its Domain name. Just username and password. All
> settigns look to be fine in client for windows etc. I can ping a server
> from
> machine (which would point to the connectivity being okay) once it logs
> in
> (locally I believe) Have tried to re-install clients and services but same
> issue. I seem to remember an issue where a file becomes to large and stops
> Domain logon.
>
> Does anyone remember this or know anything that may bring the Domain field
> backup...
>
> Thnx in advance...

HAGGIS

I hear ya :> glad you got it worked out