MS DOS!

Does anyone know how i find out what version of ms dos i am using this will
be a great help.

"RJW" <RJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how i find out what version of ms dos i am using this
will
> be a great help.

at the command line, type ver and hit enter

Is this in msdos prompt? If so it says windows version 4.111 thanks

"Kay Archer" wrote:

> "RJW" <RJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how i find out what version of ms dos i am using this
> will
> > be a great help.
>
> at the command line, type ver and hit enter

"RJW" <RJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70768C80-7CB3-46E8-ADCC-79BF77DEA0CF@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know how i find out what version of ms dos i am using this will
> be a great help.

Download
http://download.microsoft.com/download/dos622/emm386up/1/dos/en-us/emm622..exe
Open the file with Winzip, extract "msd.exe" to a floppy and run it on the
computer in question.

Ben

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mr. Myers, I am so glad to get this version of MSD. (2,11). I thought I was
going nuts. In school we used MSD all the time to Identify Dos Versions. I
had been using mine (from the Win95 Disc) which is Version 2.13 and it does
not list the Dos version. So when the above gentlemen wanted to know his Dos
ver I immediately knew MSD. When I verified before replying to the group I
couldn't find the Dos Ver. (twighlite zone). I downloaded from your link and
sure enough there it is. Thanks!

--
Jerry

RJW:
To some older DOS apps, Windows (95 OSR2) in your case reports back that it
is "MSDOS version 7."
The number 4.1111 (are you sure it's not 4.00.1111?) refers more to the
Windows version
See this webpage: http://winmac.mvps.org/winver.html
I still have lots of this old info at that website-start here:
http://winmac.mvps.org/help.html