Policy based roaming VPN's?

Last response: in Networking
Share
June 27, 2004 8:33:33 PM

How may VPN client/server solutions out there allow you to contrally manage
VPN access to internal resources via a central policy that gets downloaded
to the client upon connection?

We use PPTP for romaing guys because its NAT friendly. Each user has a
dedicated IP addres in Active Directory so we can configure the appropriate
access lists based on what they need access to.

This doesn't scale however, and is hard to manage. I would prefer to throw
this out and replace it with a VPN solution that can push policy based rules
to the VPN client.

Comments?
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 10:12:16 PM

> How may VPN client/server solutions out there allow you to contrally manage
> VPN access to internal resources via a central policy that gets downloaded
> to the client upon connection?

Lucent brick does, so does Sidewinder/Safenet
June 28, 2004 11:44:51 AM

Thanks for that..

Do either of these IPSEC based solutions support IPSEC/NAT?

thanks

!