Need product key #

I had to format C:/ and tried to reinstall the winows that came with the
computer but don't have the product key. Here all the info,,,I have the
original start up disk and windows CD that came with it.
Heres the info:
Packard Bell PB 1700 CD
Descr. PB 1700 CDW
SrvCd. 12- 10520

(Bar Code)
800337104 73416

(BarCode)
S/N N452106622+

P/N: 890452

Heres the info on the back of the monitor:
S/N: LMMM53801997
BPCS# 010278-023
Manuf: September 1995 K
Mode 1010

Info on A:/ disk,,,BPCS# 146734
Info on CD,,,,MS#000-14212
Thank you for the help
Steve
3 answers Last reply
More about need product

    If you have a Microsoft version of Windows, you can call Microsoft.
    They can give you a verification code.

    If you have an OEM (that is Packard Bell) version of Windows that was
    released in 1996 or later, you can try making up a product ID! The
    secret is that when you add up all the digits in the second numeric
    field, the total must be an even multiple of seven.

    Examples:

    17177-OEM-1616167-16167
    10597-OEM-0021407-56804
    30397-OEM-0026382-89293
    12697-OEM-0022316-53361
    36599-OEM-0009174-29179

    1+6+1+6+1+6+7 = 28 which is 4*7
    2+1+4+7 = 14, which is 2*7
    2+6+3+8+2 = 21, which is 3*7
    2+2+3+1+6 = 14, which is 2*7
    9+1+7+4 = 21, which is 3*7

    I don't have validated ideas about the ID on the original version
    of Windows 95. However, you can try three digits and then seven digits
    that add to a multiple of seven. For example,

    171-1616167
    126-0022316

    Bill Starbuck (MVP)

    THANK YOU! BILL
    The 30397# worked

    "Bill Starbuck" wrote:

    > If you have a Microsoft version of Windows, you can call Microsoft.
    > They can give you a verification code.
    >
    > If you have an OEM (that is Packard Bell) version of Windows that was
    > released in 1996 or later, you can try making up a product ID! The
    > secret is that when you add up all the digits in the second numeric
    > field, the total must be an even multiple of seven.
    >
    > Examples:
    >
    > 17177-OEM-1616167-16167
    > 10597-OEM-0021407-56804
    > 30397-OEM-0026382-89293
    > 12697-OEM-0022316-53361
    > 36599-OEM-0009174-29179
    >
    > 1+6+1+6+1+6+7 = 28 which is 4*7
    > 2+1+4+7 = 14, which is 2*7
    > 2+6+3+8+2 = 21, which is 3*7
    > 2+2+3+1+6 = 14, which is 2*7
    > 9+1+7+4 = 21, which is 3*7
    >
    > I don't have validated ideas about the ID on the original version
    > of Windows 95. However, you can try three digits and then seven digits
    > that add to a multiple of seven. For example,
    >
    > 171-1616167
    > 126-0022316
    >

    > Bill Starbuck (MVP)

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    "Bill Starbuck" wrote:

    > If you have a Microsoft version of Windows, you can call Microsoft.
    > They can give you a verification code.
    >
    > If you have an OEM (that is Packard Bell) version of Windows that was
    > released in 1996 or later, you can try making up a product ID! The
    > secret is that when you add up all the digits in the second numeric
    > field, the total must be an even multiple of seven.
    >
    > Examples:
    >
    > 17177-OEM-1616167-16167
    > 10597-OEM-0021407-56804
    > 30397-OEM-0026382-89293
    > 12697-OEM-0022316-53361
    > 36599-OEM-0009174-29179
    >
    > 1+6+1+6+1+6+7 = 28 which is 4*7
    > 2+1+4+7 = 14, which is 2*7
    > 2+6+3+8+2 = 21, which is 3*7
    > 2+2+3+1+6 = 14, which is 2*7
    > 9+1+7+4 = 21, which is 3*7
    >
    > I don't have validated ideas about the ID on the original version
    > of Windows 95. However, you can try three digits and then seven digits
    > that add to a multiple of seven. For example,
    >
    > 171-1616167
    > 126-0022316
    >

    > Bill Starbuck (MVP)

    Thanks Bill! that worked