  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
May 10, 2005 7:32:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.win95,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win95.networking,microsoft.public.win95.setup (More info?)

How can I update Internet Explorer 4.0.?

I've done a clean install of Windows 95 OEM. It comes with IE 4.0. I can't
find where to update it. OE 6 only updates OE 5.0 or later (or something
like that).

More about : update

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 7:32:26 PM

"bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
> How can I update Internet Explorer 4.0.?
>
> I've done a clean install of Windows 95 OEM. It comes with IE 4.0. I
can't
> find where to update it. OE 6 only updates OE 5.0 or later (or something
> like that).

For Win 95, this is the latest Internet Explorer that you should use

http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe
May 11, 2005 1:20:49 AM

Hugh Candlin wrote:

> "bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
> > How can I update Internet Explorer 4.0.?
> >
> > I've done a clean install of Windows 95 OEM. It comes with IE 4.0. I
> can't
> > find where to update it. OE 6 only updates OE 5.0 or later (or something
> > like that).
>
> For Win 95, this is the latest Internet Explorer that you should use
>
> http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe

hi,
i tried the url that you posted (to upDate i.e. 4.x also) and got a file not
found?
Related resources
May 11, 2005 10:42:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.win95,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win95.networking,microsoft.public.win95.setup (More info?)

I got that "file not found" also. But when I went to browser.evolt.org I
was able to find OE 5.5 sp2 easily enough.

Thanks!

"Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hugh Candlin wrote:
>
>> "bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I update Internet Explorer 4.0.?
>> >
>> > I've done a clean install of Windows 95 OEM. It comes with IE 4.0. I
>> can't
>> > find where to update it. OE 6 only updates OE 5.0 or later (or
>> > something
>> > like that).
>>
>> For Win 95, this is the latest Internet Explorer that you should use
>>
>> http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe
>
> hi,
> i tried the url that you posted (to upDate i.e. 4.x also) and got a file
> not
> found?

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 2:14:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.win95,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win95.networking,microsoft.public.win95.setup (More info?)

"Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hugh Candlin wrote:
>
> > "bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
> > > How can I update Internet Explorer 4.0.?
> > >
> > > I've done a clean install of Windows 95 OEM. It comes with IE 4.0. I
> > can't
> > > find where to update it. OE 6 only updates OE 5.0 or later (or
something
> > > like that).
> >
> > For Win 95, this is the latest Internet Explorer that you should use
> >
> > http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe
>
> hi,
> i tried the url that you posted (to upDate i.e. 4.x also) and got a file
not
> found?

I KNOW it looks like the same link, but try

http://browsers.evolt.org/download.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP...­5sp2.exe
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 2:50:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.win95,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win95.networking,microsoft.public.win95.setup (More info?)

Hi,

"Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hugh Candlin wrote:
>
>> "bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I update Internet Explorer 4.0.?
>> >
>> > I've done a clean install of Windows 95 OEM. It comes with IE 4.0. I
>> can't
>> > find where to update it. OE 6 only updates OE 5.0 or later (or
>> > something
>> > like that).
>>
>> For Win 95, this is the latest Internet Explorer that you should use
>>
>> http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe
>
> hi,
> i tried the url that you posted (to upDate i.e. 4.x also) and got a file
> not
> found?

you can try with online
http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/msie/ie55sp2/default...
or offline installation
http://browsers.webhack.com/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie55sp2.ex...
http://www.petri.co.il/download_other_ie_versions.htm
http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/5.5_SP2

Some useful links:
http://members.tripod.com/erpman1/iewmpupd.html
http://erpman1.tripod.com/w95ntupd.html
http://www.oldfiles.org.uk/lightspeed/Active_Desktop.ht...
http://www.skyzyx.com/downloads/
http://www.geocities.com/~budallen/ie.html
http://www.geekgirls.com/windows_mastering_active_deskt...

Cheers,
Roman
May 11, 2005 10:37:27 PM

roman modic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Hugh Candlin wrote:
> >
> >> "bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message

> >> can't
> >>
> >> For Win 95, this is the latest Internet Explorer that you should use
> >>
> >> http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe
> >
> > hi,
> > i tried the url that you posted (to upDate i.e. 4.x also) and got a file
> > not
> > found?
> >

> you can try with online
> http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/msie/ie55sp2/default...
> or offline installation
> http://browsers.webhack.com/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie55sp2.ex...
> http://www.petri.co.il/download_other_ie_versions.htm
> http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/5.5_SP2
>
> Some useful links:
> http://members.tripod.com/erpman1/iewmpupd.html
> http://erpman1.tripod.com/w95ntupd.html
> http://www.oldfiles.org.uk/lightspeed/Active_Desktop.ht...
> http://www.skyzyx.com/downloads/
> http://www.geocities.com/~budallen/ie.html
> http://www.geekgirls.com/windows_mastering_active_deskt...
>
> Cheers,
> Roman

thank you, Roman,
the links are very helpful!
sincerely
Tanya
May 11, 2005 10:38:27 PM

Hugh Candlin wrote:

> "Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Hugh Candlin wrote:
> >
> > > "bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message

> > > can't
> something
> > >
> > > For Win 95, this is the latest Internet Explorer that you should use
> > >
> > > http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe
> >
> > hi,
> > i tried the url that you posted (to upDate i.e. 4.x also) and got a file
> not
> > found?
>
> I KNOW it looks like the same link, but try
>
> http://browsers.evolt.org/download.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP...­5sp2.exe

thank you
it does work!
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 10:55:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.win95,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win95.networking,microsoft.public.win95.setup (More info?)

Hugh, Apparently, if one clicks directly on that link, one gets a "File Not Found".
If one goes to the same link through here, it works:
http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/5.5_SP2
(~84MB download....not for those on dial-up)
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message

> "bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
> > How can I update Internet Explorer 4.0.?
> >
> > I've done a clean install of Windows 95 OEM. It comes with IE 4.0. I
> can't
> > find where to update it. OE 6 only updates OE 5.0 or later (or something
> > like that).
>
> For Win 95, this is the latest Internet Explorer that you should use
>
> http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 7:57:09 PM

> Hugh, Apparently, if one clicks directly on that link, one gets a "File
Not Found".
> If one goes to the same link through here, it works:
> http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/5.5_SP2
> (~84MB download....not for those on dial-up)

This one works

http://browsers.evolt.org/download.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP...­5sp2.exe

I actually did download that via dialup many moons ago.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 2:10:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.win95,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win95.networking,microsoft.public.win95.setup (More info?)

It is not the same link.
Remove one character and it is valid.
http://browsers.evolt.org/down­load.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP2/ie5­5sp2.exe
http://browsers.evolt.org/download.php?/ie/32bit/5.5_SP...­5sp2.exe