What toner cartridge for Samsung ML-1740?

Samsung's website hardly admits this model exists; the docs I could
find were in Chinese. The CD that comes with the printer doesn't
specify a model for the toner cartridge.

Why not try a refill first? They're all over ebay. Worked fine on my
1210, and it's the same kit.

Robert Barr wrote:
> Mike Oliver wrote:
>
>> Samsung's website hardly admits this model exists; the docs I could
>> find were in Chinese. The CD that comes with the printer doesn't
>> specify a model for the toner cartridge.
>
> Why not try a refill first? They're all over ebay. Worked fine on my
> 1210, and it's the same kit.

But refill for *what*? That's the whole point of my question.
Which Samsung models use the same cartridge as the ML-1740?

Robert Barr wrote:

> It's not a cartridge. It's a pre-measured quantity of toner in a
> plastic bottle, along with instructions. It's really simple.
>
> Do you need the cartridge itself?

Not sure. I'm still using the one that came with the machine,
supposed to be good for 1000 pages, whereas the "full" one
is 3000 pages. Is it a different cartridge, or just less
toner?

or here:

http://tinyurl.com/57eyb

Mike Oliver wrote:

> But refill for *what*? That's the whole point of my question.
> Which Samsung models use the same cartridge as the ML-1740?

>> Do you need the cartridge itself?
>

> Not sure. I'm still using the one that came with the machine,
> supposed to be good for 1000 pages, whereas the "full" one
> is 3000 pages. Is it a different cartridge, or just less
> toner?

Less toner. Just refill it. It's cheap. You can get away with it for
a couple of refills, usually, before things go south. Works great for me.

It might be necessary to 'burn' a hole for the refill. The vendor sites
explain this clearly. Still very easy & much less expensive.

TRENDING THREADS