Service Pack 2 Questions

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

I have 2 questions regarding SP 2 for XP professional.

How do I obtain SP 2? I already have automatic updates on but it's not
detecting any updates.

Also when I install SP 2 will it erase any data that I have on my PC?

Hi

The Update for XP Pro users won't start until the 25th.

The Update should preserve your programs, files and settings. However, you
might like to backup any valuable data files that you have beforehand.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Ricky wrote:
> I have 2 questions regarding SP 2 for XP professional.
>
> How do I obtain SP 2? I already have automatic updates on but it's not
> detecting any updates.
>
> Also when I install SP 2 will it erase any data that I have on my PC?

No, not at all. It will start by emailing your entire pornography collection
to your mother/boss/girlfriend/government. It will then cause the
motherboard to melt and your hard drive(s) to spontaneously combust.
Depending on whether you have an Intel or AMD processor, it will then either
cause a localised ice age that will appear to have originated in your
freezer or it will cause your oven to heat to solar temperatures, causing
everything in a 100-mile radius to explode in a volcano of apocalyptic
proportions.

But don't worry, if you make back-ups, and take the necessary precautions,
you'll be fine...

lose his marbles?