Backing up files (documents)

August 23, 2004 1:54:03 PM

I have Windows XP Home Edition and cannot locate the tool
to back up files.

Thanks.
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 4:09:06 PM

Many OEM CDs provided by manufacturers don't include the backup utility. As
mentioned in this thread, it is not installed by the default XP Home Edition
installation. If you don't have access to it on your CD, the utility can be
downloaded from the following site:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/software/ntbackup.msi

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"J.A.Dye" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP Home Edition and cannot locate the tool
> to back up files.
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 5:00:52 PM

The backup utility is not installed in XP by default, but you can install it
from your Windows CD. It is located in the following folder:

\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACK\

Run the file NTBACKUP.MSI to install the utility.

!