Catalyst Control Center

George_K

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and I have an ASUS EAH3870X2 1gig ATI video card. A driver package goes part way then fails, but there are enough files installed for video to function. No matter what I've tried, I cannot install a catalyst control center. I really would like to enable crossfire and also use both sides of the card. Remember, no matter what package I try to install, it will not complete. Is there something about windows 7 64 bit causing the problem?

I have the following four frameworks instaled:

net compact framework 2.0 sp1
sync framework runtime native 1.0 (x86)
sync framework services native 1.0 (x86)
net framework 4 client porfile
net framework 3.51

Update:

I even downloaded the driver suite for vista and 7 64 bit (includes ccc, etc.). Everything is installed to the ATI directory, but CCC setup still fails along with about four other features.

No, it's not 64 bit, cause I run it, and it works.
Try turning off the anti virus or firewall or both before installing the driver. If you have multiple security programs, turn them ALL off before installing.
then restart and turn the security back on.
Try downloading CCC from ATI site, or AMD site.

George_K

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
The drivers are installed and my current game no longer turns off the computer, it's just that the install package quit before CCC was installed. I'm thinking.... perhaps I had best step down from 7 ultimate to 7 home premium. I have a suspician that something is wrong with 7 ultimate 64 bit. I even booted into safe mode with networking and tried the install and it faulted at the same place.

>
>
>

Update: tried some other alternates, but the BIG problem is the package installer manager not installing. Needed graphics drivers are installed but the CCC, etc. is not installed because the package manager fails. I still think it's an issue with present system. Another site had several posts about the same problem that was never resolved and seems as Radeon ATI could care less.

Another update:
I presently have a game installed that requires Physx drivers. Could this interfere with CCC installing?

dmlkdmlk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010

Check if this is enabled Control Panel>Programs and Features>Turn Windows Features on or off>Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1
make sure the two sub boxes are checked and enabled.