Restore Windows 95

Was gifted a Win95 machine with a corrupted Win95 (it keeps telling me). We
Have restored my Win95B 3 times with good success...........however, this
other machine cannot "FIND" so we do not know the CD-ROM driver details (in
order to insert the info into the Config.sys file).

QUESTION: Is there a generic driver that can be used ?

The BIOS still points to the "A" drive so if we can get a driver for the
CD-ROM then we can start the re-formatting of the hard disk and re-installing
of Win95

Regards.........Oz

"Boxcar" <Boxcar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Was gifted a Win95 machine with a corrupted Win95 (it keeps telling me).
We
> Have restored my Win95B 3 times with good success...........however, this
> other machine cannot "FIND" so we do not know the CD-ROM driver details
(in
> order to insert the info into the Config.sys file).
>
> QUESTION: Is there a generic driver that can be used ?

Most 6x or faster drives will be a generic ATAPI device. www.bootdisk.com
has utilities for creating a boot floppy that will set your cd rom drive as
r:

Some 6x and many slower drives will require special drivers and may also
require that sound card or adapter card drivers be installed first.

Get your boot floppy from www.bootdisk.com. It has several generic drivers
which cover the vast range of machine and drive types.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)