bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Just ran accross this:
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/30/amdforums_hacked/

As of just now the link on the article to AMD's board is broken, the forum is temporarily down due to 'maintanence.' How can this happen? Any thoughts?

G

How can you hack a forum?????, i'm just as comfused as you are! :? :? :? :?

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Interesting...THWG deleted the links to this article (it is still there but home page link disappeared). Even bigger mystery now--

EDIT: I was not entirely correct, see my comment below--

WGruener

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
bourgeoisdude,

what makes you think that we deleted the links to the article?

(quote: "Interesting...THWG deleted the links to this article (it is still there but home page link disappeared). Even bigger mystery now--")

The article was posted into the articles section and has been in the same location for more than 24 hours on the front page.

The URL remains the same: http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/30/amdforums_hacked/

Wolfgang

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
URL remains the same--but the link from your homepage disappeared from tomshardware.com Speaking of which...

Why have tomshardware.com and tgdaily.com bring up nearly identical results? Why not have them show the same articles?

Try them both if you don't know what I mean. ALMOST the same--just confusing for the web page guys to maintain consistency between them though IMO. Maybe that was my problem--I looked just now and tgdaily.com does have the link, only on tomshardware.com did it disappear. Let them know that this type of thing can be confusing.

Maybe they should just have tomshardware.com redirect to tgdaily.com since they are both supposed to have the same content. Then again I'm a hardware guru, and only made a B- in my "Intro to HTML Web Authoring" class many moons ago--that's the extent of my web knowledge.

WGruener

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
bourgeoisdude,

the news display on tomshardware.com is only displaying the latest news. Typically you will have different content in that box on tomshardware.com every day, in fact, you will see changes happening several times every hour. The news team currently publishes just about 4-6 extensive stories every day. In addition to that you find brief stories, mostly on new products, as well as links to other sites.

With 20-30 stories every day, the display on tomshardware.com of course changes quite often as it only displays what recently happened. For the complete overview, check out TG Daily.

But I do understand where you are coming from. Let's see how we can improve on that. Thanks for the reply!

Wolfgang