Upgrading Windows 95a to b or c

I have a REALLY old Compaq laptop that is running Windows 95a. I need to be
running Windows 95b or higher for my anti-virus software to load. I know the
best answer is to upgrade to 98SE or higher, but I'm still supporting a
couple of Windows 95 machines.

Thanks in advance

Well you can try to get it at ebay. Win95B or C was never sold retail only
OEM.

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP
>I have a REALLY old Compaq laptop that is running Windows 95a. I need to
>be
> running Windows 95b or higher for my anti-virus software to load. I know
> the
> best answer is to upgrade to 98SE or higher, but I'm still supporting a
> couple of Windows 95 machines.
>
> Thanks in advance

Thanks, Jon. I'll try that.

"Jon_Hildrum" wrote:

> Well you can try to get it at ebay. Win95B or C was never sold retail only
> OEM.
>
> --
> Jon Hildrum
> DTS MVP
> Jon_Hildrum@msn.com
> www.hildrum.com
> "Mike Reemsnyder" <MikeReemsnyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3C78149C-2331-410D-949C-5CE1CE8F9559@microsoft.com...
> >I have a REALLY old Compaq laptop that is running Windows 95a. I need to
> >be
> > running Windows 95b or higher for my anti-virus software to load. I know
> > the
> > best answer is to upgrade to 98SE or higher, but I'm still supporting a
> > couple of Windows 95 machines.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Remember the OEM version will not let you upgrade a win95 or win95A version.
It was designed for a clean install. However it can be fooled to upgrade an
existing win95 or win95A installation

Here is a link with three different methods. They are listed in order of
ease to perform. However, I used to prefer Tom Porterfield's contribution
which is method 2.
http://www.thenakedpc.com/tugpcs/extras/osr2.faq.html#upgrade

--
message news:FF434B67-505A-4191-8391-04F8A0D8C764@microsoft.com...