Mail Merge with Word 2000 under Win95

I have a simple source file created under Word 2000 as a four-column table.
It has the appropriate headings in row 1, and five rows of address test data.
I have a main document formatted for envelope addressing. I've used the
mail merge helper. It appears that I've done everything right, but Step 3
doesn't merge the data into the main document. It just prints the headings
(in double angle brackets) where the data is supposed to be. Can you give me
any clues as to what I should do next to resolve this?

"BudV" <BudV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a simple source file created under Word 2000 as a four-column
table.
> It has the appropriate headings in row 1, and five rows of address test
data.
> I have a main document formatted for envelope addressing. I've used the
> mail merge helper. It appears that I've done everything right, but Step 3
> doesn't merge the data into the main document. It just prints the
headings
> (in double angle brackets) where the data is supposed to be. Can you give
me
> any clues as to what I should do next to resolve this?

I would suggest asking in one of the Word groups. The version of Windows
shouldn't make much difference.

TRENDING THREADS