mouse pointer gone haywire during startup

why one of my computers use to have this problem everytime when i stopped
using it for few days and the mouse pointer goes out of control during
startup after i reuse it back.To counter it i always restart it by pushing
on/off button again. sometime it needs to restart several times to put it in
order. any solutions would be appreciated? thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about mouse pointer haywire startup

    "B&W801" <smteong@pc.jaring.my> wrote in message
    > why one of my computers use to have this problem everytime when i stopped
    > using it for few days and the mouse pointer goes out of control during
    > startup after i reuse it back.To counter it i always restart it by pushing
    > on/off button again. sometime it needs to restart several times to put it
    in
    > order. any solutions would be appreciated? thanks.

    In addition to cquirke's comments, make sure you have the correct drivers
    installed for your video adapter.

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:49:38 +0800, "B&W801" <smteong@pc.jaring.my>

    >why one of my computers use to have this problem everytime when i stopped
    >using it for few days and the mouse pointer goes out of control during
    >startup after i reuse it back.To counter it i always restart it by pushing
    >on/off button again.

    DON'T DO THAT. Shutdown properly, via the keyboard! Press the
    following keyboard sequence: Ctl+Esc, Up, Enter, Enter.

    >sometime it needs to restart several times to put it in order.

    Check mouse cable, especially at both ends, and check for a switch on
    the mouse to select MS vs. Mouse Systems mode (switch to MS).

    The most accurate diagnostic instrument
    in medicine is the Retrospectoscope

Mice Pointer Windows