WinXP ; How to transform multiples Prints into one ?

Hello everybody.
First, sorry for my poor english.

Do you know how I can change multiple printing works into one. Let me
explain with an example :
I have a printer with double sided printing option. If I print four
different 1-sided documents, the printer will deliver 4 sheets printed on
one side.

Is there a way to force the printer or the spooler to give me the 4
documents on 2 sheets printed on the 2 sides ?

Thanks for your responses.

Gadget, France.
7 answers Last reply
More about winxp transform multiples prints

    Gadget wrote:
    > Hello everybody.
    > First, sorry for my poor english.
    >
    > Do you know how I can change multiple printing works into one. Let me
    > explain with an example :
    > I have a printer with double sided printing option. If I print four
    > different 1-sided documents, the printer will deliver 4 sheets printed on
    > one side.
    >
    > Is there a way to force the printer or the spooler to give me the 4
    > documents on 2 sheets printed on the 2 sides ?
    >

    > Thanks for your responses.
    >
    > Gadget, France.

    Seems to me this would have to be handled by the software you are
    using to send document to the printer. The printer would have to know
    to use double sided printing instead of ejecting the paper from the
    printer. I don't know of a way to FORCE the printer to always print
    on bother sides of the paper regardless of how documents were being sent.

    Mickey

    "Gadget" <tohpointboh@nooos.fr> wrote in message
    > Hello everybody.
    > First, sorry for my poor english.
    >
    > Do you know how I can change multiple printing works into one. Let me
    > explain with an example :
    > I have a printer with double sided printing option. If I print four
    > different 1-sided documents, the printer will deliver 4 sheets printed on
    > one side.
    >
    > Is there a way to force the printer or the spooler to give me the 4
    > documents on 2 sheets printed on the 2 sides ?
    If the printer driver supports double sided printing, then you can set the
    print to always print double sided via that printers and faxes options. You
    can also set such a printer via the printing preferences options.
    Jim

    > printer. I don't know of a way to FORCE the printer to always print on
    > bother sides of the paper regardless of how documents were being sent.
    >
    > Mickey

    This is what I'm looking for : in other words, what I need is a way to
    transform multiple printing works (that may be initiated by different
    softwares) in the "waiting pile" (*) into one.

    (*) : in french 'file d'attente', dunno the term in english. I mean the list
    that opens when you select 'open' in the printer menu.

    Even if I set my printer in double-sided, I pause the printer, and I print
    for example one one-sided sheet from word, then one one-sided sheet from
    excel ; when I'll un-pause the printer, there will still be 2 sheets
    printed, one document on each, single sided. I cannot find anywhere an
    option saying 'treat all documents in the pile as if it where one'.
    Any idea ?

    "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    W7tod.31848$bP2.14799@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...

    > "Gadget" <tohpointboh@nooos.fr> wrote in message
    >> Hello everybody.
    >> First, sorry for my poor english.
    >>
    >> Do you know how I can change multiple printing works into one. Let me
    >> explain with an example :
    >> I have a printer with double sided printing option. If I print four
    >> different 1-sided documents, the printer will deliver 4 sheets printed on
    >> one side.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to force the printer or the spooler to give me the 4
    >> documents on 2 sheets printed on the 2 sides ?
    > If the printer driver supports double sided printing, then you can set the
    > print to always print double sided via that printers and faxes options.
    > You
    > can also set such a printer via the printing preferences options.
    > Jim

    btw, I have a Ricoh CL3000, Postscript.

    "Gadget" <tohpointboh@nooos.fr> a écrit dans le message de news:
    41a32319$0$21327$79c14f64@nan-newsreader-05.noos.net...
    > Even if I set my printer in double-sided, I pause the printer, and I print
    > for example one one-sided sheet from word, then one one-sided sheet from
    > excel ; when I'll un-pause the printer, there will still be 2 sheets
    > printed, one document on each, single sided. I cannot find anywhere an
    > option saying 'treat all documents in the pile as if it where one'.
    > Any idea ?

    > what I need is a way to
    > transform multiple printing works (that may be initiated by different
    > softwares) in the "waiting pile" (*) into one.

    FinePrint can do that: www.fineprint.com

    Thanks, Jay.

    "Jay" <lifestyles@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    QdHqd.9254$Ad3.540565@news20.bellglobal.com...

    >> what I need is a way to
    >> transform multiple printing works (that may be initiated by different
    >> softwares) in the "waiting pile" (*) into one.
    >>

    > FinePrint can do that: www.fineprint.com

Printers Peripherals