Tunnel ends at local router ip :-(

Hello !

I have set up an IPSec tunnel to a D-Link 804 HV VPN-router.
(This router have a 'dynamic vpn' function...)
Following map:

home network 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0
Client pc with IPSec (thanks to FreeSWan an ebootis !)
10.0.0.80

Router (with ipsec pass-throu) LAN 10.0.0.1
Router WAN: dynamic provider ip

company VPN router WAN 62.x.x.x (static IP)
company VPN router LAN 10.1.0.1

company net 10.1.0.0/255.255.255.0

After
It is possible to ping from my home-client to 10.1.0.1 (local router) but
all other company pc aren't reachable.

The dynamic vpn settings in the router are pointing to the hole subnet
10.1.0.0/255.255.255.0
I've tried to configure my network-settings manually and configure the
company DNS and WINS but nothings really happend :-(

What can I do to see the rest of my network and not only the local router
side ?

Thanks for your help...

Peter
1 answer Last reply
More about tunnel ends local router

    Peter Blum wrote:
    > Hello !
    >
    > I have set up an IPSec tunnel to a D-Link 804 HV VPN-router.
    > (This router have a 'dynamic vpn' function...)
    > Following map:
    >
    > home network 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0
    > Client pc with IPSec (thanks to FreeSWan an ebootis !)
    > 10.0.0.80
    > |

    > Router (with ipsec pass-throu) LAN 10.0.0.1
    > Router WAN: dynamic provider ip
    > |

    > company VPN router WAN 62.x.x.x (static IP)
    > company VPN router LAN 10.1.0.1
    > |
    > company net 10.1.0.0/255.255.255.0
    >
    > After
    > It is possible to ping from my home-client to 10.1.0.1 (local router) but
    > all other company pc aren't reachable.
    >
    > The dynamic vpn settings in the router are pointing to the hole subnet
    > 10.1.0.0/255.255.255.0
    > I've tried to configure my network-settings manually and configure the
    > company DNS and WINS but nothings really happend :-(
    >
    > What can I do to see the rest of my network and not only the local router
    > side ?

    Sounds a lot like the company vpn router does not have the correct
    routing set up...

    Jen

VPN Tunnel Routers Networking