QUERY

I have a Compaq Presario preloaded with Win95b and also have IE.&OE 5.5. I
had some problems and had to reinstall Windows. I then transferred all
thedata from WinOld to WinNew.

Whilst everything works well, the Device manager shows the Monitor as Plug
and Play and NOT as Presario V410. Why is it? If I try to reinstall it after
Removing it, I lose ALL the networking connections including the USB
Ethernet Adapter and drivers etc. Otherwise the system works well!
Should I do something?
Thanking you
Capt K Ripendran
2 answers Last reply
More about query

    "Capt K Ripendran" <ripendran@dataone.in> wrote:

    >I have a Compaq Presario preloaded with Win95b and also have IE.&OE 5.5. I
    >had some problems and had to reinstall Windows. I then transferred all
    >thedata from WinOld to WinNew.
    >
    >Whilst everything works well, the Device manager shows the Monitor as Plug
    >and Play and NOT as Presario V410. Why is it? If I try to reinstall it after
    >Removing it, I lose ALL the networking connections including the USB
    >Ethernet Adapter and drivers etc. Otherwise the system works well!
    >Should I do something?
    >Thanking you
    >Capt K Ripendran

    You need to download the .inf for your monitor from the Compaq web
    site and install it. Then delete the monitor entry from Device
    Manager, reboot the computer, and direct the "found new hardware"
    wizard to the downloaded .inf file when it detects the monitor.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Thank you for your reply. I did as you had suggested and it was successful!

    > "Capt K Ripendran" <ripendran@dataone.in> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a Compaq Presario preloaded with Win95b and also have IE.&OE 5.5.
    > >had some problems and had to reinstall Windows. I then transferred all
    > >thedata from WinOld to WinNew.
    > >
    > >Whilst everything works well, the Device manager shows the Monitor as
    Plug
    > >and Play and NOT as Presario V410. Why is it? If I try to reinstall it
    after
    > >Removing it, I lose ALL the networking connections including the USB
    > >Ethernet Adapter and drivers etc. Otherwise the system works well!
    > >Should I do something?
    > >Thanking you
    > >Capt K Ripendran
    > >

    > You need to download the .inf for your monitor from the Compaq web
    > site and install it. Then delete the monitor entry from Device
    > Manager, reboot the computer, and direct the "found new hardware"
    > wizard to the downloaded .inf file when it detects the monitor.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP