remove 95 install 98

HI,
I've got an old laptop with Win95 on, I want to install 98 on it and have
bought a 'full version' of 98 off e-bay - but it's telling me I need an
upgrade version.

As the full version is more expensive than the upgrade surely I can remove
95 and load 98 - if this is the case - How do I do it !!!!

Thanks
--
Dave Eade
Global Project Solutions

You most likely bought an OEM version which was designed for a clean install
not an upgrade.

Both the retail upgrade version and the retail full version would allow you
to upgrade.

You may have to reformat the drive and start from scratch.

Here is a web site that have some information if you still want to ugrade as
well as how to do a clean installation:

Upgrade with an OEM
http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/upgrade.html

Clean install:
http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/w98_restore.html

A couple of suggestion:
1. <Make sure you have the win95 disks /Restore CD before starting and the
product key (just in case)
2. Visit the manufacturer of the laptops web site and download any drivers
you may need for the laptop after installing win98.
3. Make sure you have the product key for the win98 CD you bought

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP