FILE CORRUPTED:WIN.COM NEED COMMAND TO REBOOT

Cannot boot up system using windows 95.Following messages appear:
c:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE
There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 2
c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DISPLAY.SYS
There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 4
C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\COUNTRY.SYS
There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 5

I have all master CD'S and floppy disc but cannot get ms.dos to accept an
instruciton to read them. What should I type in?
Mandy
3 answers Last reply
More about file corrupted command reboot

    Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and create a Windows
    95 boot floppy. Use it to start the problem computer, insert your
    Windows 95 CD, type "R:\win95\setup" and press "Enter".

    Ben

    "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E3397EB-8A56-49E9-B64A-64A37E29D61D@microsoft.com...
    > Cannot boot up system using windows 95.Following messages appear:
    > c:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE
    > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 2
    > c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DISPLAY.SYS
    > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 4
    > C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\COUNTRY.SYS
    > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 5
    >
    > I have all master CD'S and floppy disc but cannot get ms.dos to accept an
    > instruciton to read them. What should I type in?
    > Mandy

    Hi Ben

    I have tried this. Copied onto floppy from site suggested. Many thanks. But
    when I type in the instruction "R:\win95 etc, etc, it comes up invalid drive
    specification. What else I am not doing/not doing right??
    --
    Mandy

    "Ben Myers" wrote:

    > Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and create a Windows
    > 95 boot floppy. Use it to start the problem computer, insert your
    > Windows 95 CD, type "R:\win95\setup" and press "Enter".
    >
    > Ben
    >
    > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E3397EB-8A56-49E9-B64A-64A37E29D61D@microsoft.com...
    > > Cannot boot up system using windows 95.Following messages appear:
    > > c:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE
    > > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 2
    > > c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DISPLAY.SYS
    > > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 4
    > > C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\COUNTRY.SYS
    > > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 5
    > >
    > > I have all master CD'S and floppy disc but cannot get ms.dos to accept an
    > > instruciton to read them. What should I type in?
    > > Mandy

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Actually, the idea is to download and double-click the boot disk file
    on a working Windows computer. If you still have the file, move or
    copy it to the computer you are using now and double-click it. You
    will prompted for a floppy.

    Ben

    "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E120A03-613A-4D8B-9E35-99CB4125A1A0@microsoft.com...
    > Hi Ben
    >
    > I have tried this. Copied onto floppy from site suggested. Many thanks. But
    > when I type in the instruction "R:\win95 etc, etc, it comes up invalid drive
    > specification. What else I am not doing/not doing right??
    > --
    > Mandy
    >

    > "Ben Myers" wrote:
    >
    > > Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and create a Windows
    > > 95 boot floppy. Use it to start the problem computer, insert your
    > > Windows 95 CD, type "R:\win95\setup" and press "Enter".
    > >
    > > Ben
    > >
    > > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E3397EB-8A56-49E9-B64A-64A37E29D61D@microsoft.com...
    > > > Cannot boot up system using windows 95.Following messages appear:
    > > > c:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE
    > > > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 2
    > > > c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DISPLAY.SYS
    > > > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 4
    > > > C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\COUNTRY.SYS
    > > > There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 5
    > > >
    > > > I have all master CD'S and floppy disc but cannot get ms.dos to accept an
    > > > instruciton to read them. What should I type in?
    > > > Mandy

Configuration Command Prompt Windows