3. Hard Drive: Western Digital
WD2500KS - 00MJB0
250MB, 16MB Cache
Sata II

4. Memory: Corsair
2 - CMX512-3200LL PRO
XMS 3200 512MB 400MHz 2.3.2.6 T1

5. Operating System: Microsoft XP Pro Service Pack 2

This is a new system I just built and haven't booted up for the first time yet.

A. Will this memory work or do I need to change something in the Bios on first boot up? And do I do this before installing XP Pro or without the XP PRO CD in the DVD drive?? This memory isn't auto sensing to be automatically setup, I don't believe.

B. Western Digital tells me I'll probably need to install SATA drivers during first boot up/operating system Install?
If so where do I get these? But your web site says that my Windows XP PRO will run it.

C. Do I need to install the newest Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility? AND how do you do this before Windows XP SP2 loads drivers since you note this should be installed before any other device drivers???

D. The Intel Express Installer CD I have lists things like Norton's Internet Security 2003, I do not like Norton's since they crashed this system back in July of 2005, Do I have to use this and if so will this and real player and the other things be automatically loaded??? Real Player is no good like Norton's but is a host for spyware and is very controlling like Norton's??... The CD I have has the number C27677-003 on it...

E. What is the Chassis intrusion hook up on this motherboard?

F. Is the Sata Controller on this board running at 150MB's? If so will any downloads make it run at 300MB's
1 answer Last reply
More about intel d875pbz motherboard
  1. A. Will this memory work or do I need to change something in the Bios on first boot up? Yes And do I do this before installing XP Pro or without the XP PRO CD in the DVD drive?? The mb's defaults should be auto spd This memory isn't auto sensing to be automatically setup, I don't believe. Nearly all modern mb's feature an auto seting, and it works fine; you can tinker with optimized timings after you get it up and running

B. Western Digital tells me I'll probably need to install SATA drivers during first boot up/operating system Install?
    Are you using some sort of RAID? If not, should work fine with default WIndows driversIf so where do I get these? But your web site says that my Windows XP PRO will run it.

C. Do I need to install the newest Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility? AND how do you do this before Windows XP SP2 loads drivers since you note this should be installed before any other device drivers???
    After Windows install is done, run the chipset drivers utility; the newer drivers will replace the Windows default drivers...

D. The Intel Express Installer CD I have lists things like Norton's Internet Security 2003, I do not like Norton's since they crashed this system back in July of 2005, Do I have to use this and if so will this and real player and the other things be automatically loaded??? Real Player is no good like Norton's but is a host for spyware and is very controlling like Norton's??... The CD I have has the number C27677-003 on it...

You do not have to install Norton
    E. What is the Chassis intrusion hook up on this motherboard? A feature to detect when the case is opened; it will initially be disabled, so you need no wires connected to the mb for this function...
    F. Is the Sata Controller on this board running at 150MB's? If so will any downloads make it run at 300MB's
    I don't think that mb supports SATA at 3 gb/sec, but if so, the latest Intel drivers will provide suport for it...(the drives are not fast enough to strain exisiting comms specs, much less 3 gb/sec standard....
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards