flying tips

martin

Hi,
Does anyone know how to turn off those irritating flying tips that
constantly pop up informing me that "my fuel is critically low" or
"baromitor is incorrect"when both are fine.
I have tried the obvious and unchecked it in settings, and have even
reinstalled FS 9 several times but this makes no difference.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I think there is a tick box under the general settings of realism settings
tab for 'tips'

Chris

"martin" <martin.farmer2@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to turn off those irritating flying tips that
> constantly pop up informing me that "my fuel is critically low" or
> "baromitor is incorrect"when both are fine.
> I have tried the obvious and unchecked it in settings, and have even
> reinstalled FS 9 several times but this makes no difference.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Martin,

Sorry I meant general OR realism settings tabs

Chris

>I think there is a tick box under the general settings of realism settings
>tab for 'tips'
>
> Chris
>
> "martin" <martin.farmer2@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> Does anyone know how to turn off those irritating flying tips that
>> constantly pop up informing me that "my fuel is critically low" or
>> "baromitor is incorrect"when both are fine.
>> I have tried the obvious and unchecked it in settings, and have even
>> reinstalled FS 9 several times but this makes no difference.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Sorry Sorry Sorry I feel a right prat!!!! Just read you post again and
realised you unchecked it in settings already. Have you checked your
FS9.cfg file if the is a value in it for tips that can be changed - may be 0
for OFF and 1 for ON - just guessing here.

Chris

"Chris" <chris@mwapartnership.co.uk> wrote in message
> Martin,
>
> Sorry I meant general OR realism settings tabs
>
> Chris
>

>>I think there is a tick box under the general settings of realism settings
>>tab for 'tips'
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "martin" <martin.farmer2@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> Does anyone know how to turn off those irritating flying tips that
>>> constantly pop up informing me that "my fuel is critically low" or
>>> "baromitor is incorrect"when both are fine.
>>> I have tried the obvious and unchecked it in settings, and have even
>>> reinstalled FS 9 several times but this makes no difference.

that's the usual, 0 = off 1 = on because that's how binary works :) why oh
why do we still have to learn about stupid binary, octals etc etc etc in
computer science, a)don't need it b)boring :(

/me is bored with learning shite I don't want to learn
--
www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.

"Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> that's the usual, 0 = off 1 = on because that's how binary works :) why oh
> why do we still have to learn about stupid binary, octals etc etc etc in
> computer science, a)don't need it b)boring :(
>
> /me is bored with learning shite I don't want to learn
> --
> www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
> www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
> I apologise now for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar
> --
> "Chris" <chris@mwapartnership.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Sorry Sorry Sorry I feel a right prat!!!! Just read you post again and
>> realised you unchecked it in settings already. Have you checked your
>> FS9.cfg file if the is a value in it for tips that can be changed - may
>> be 0 for OFF and 1 for ON - just guessing here.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "Chris" <chris@mwapartnership.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> Sorry I meant general OR realism settings tabs
>>>
>>> Chris

Thanks Chris I will have a look at that right now>>>