put a hammer to it..... or build a new one

shoes54

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
my machine is now chronicly crashing .......
explorer has to close error
maccro error
ram error ect ect
then the best...blue screen if you seen this for first time yada yada yada
i flatlined it last month and it still crashes
asusA7N8X (ver2.0) mobo amd 3200barton 1g crucial ballistix 400 ddr ram 9700pro power color card 450wattp/s kingwin windows XP home o/s

follow up question : where is there software to completely "kill"a harddrive to reinstall operating system from scratch.

help please!!

unsmart

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
If your getting ram errors then I would run memtest86 [ http://www.memtest86.com/ ] it will check ram for you.

have you ran checkdisk in windows or regclean, those might tell you something.

Ive had the same issues and did a recovery flash on bios cleared right up.

The best way to nuke a hard drive is using the makers formating software to write 1/0 to it. this takes forever but kills all data.

When your system crashes on everything it's most likely hardware.

just seen your last post. Imo it's got to be your hardware, try one stick of ram and then the other. My guess is bad ram.
If your OCing then set to defaults or below.
check hsf for dust build up.

Try but a single stick of RAM with default (auto/SPD) timings in an approved 'single-stick operation' slot...

Were you able to delete/recreate new partitions, and reformat without bluescreening?

power supply known good?

shoes54

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
i tried a new stick of corsair 1gig ram wouldn`t boot went back to the crucial my ram settings are at 2-3-3-6 not "very " agressive setting

when i put it on stand by ........blue screen.....i`m leaning on a hardware issue. thanks for the responses....going to order a new motherboard and go to a amd 3700 939 chip

Cunninglinguist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Physically inspect the MoBo. Check all the caps; If any are convex (raised in the center) or leaking. That is your problem. Bad caps cause ALL Kinds of random unexplained issues, especially BSODs.

LOL my fist comp was a Compaq 600 slot A athlon that I abused for many years.
It used to blue screen so much I'd change the color every week just to spice things up :lol: The-Magenta-Screen-Of-Death

If anyone has ever seen the film Office Space, you'll know approximately how it met its demise.

"LOL my fist comp was a Compaq 600 slot A athlon that I abused for many years. "

I have a slot A 650 I built in '99, still running strong (well, for e-mail and solitaire!), although I finally had to reformat/reinstall Windows a few months back when the system wouldn't even run a disk check without finding errors...

shoes54

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
after rechecking everything..........2,3 times its the video card thats screwed up it won`t accept any software drivers .

software install does not see the card...thats my best guess any way