FS2002 - Missing airport?

Hi all

Last night, I fancied a quick flight from Aberdeen Dyce (EGPD), across
Scotland, to the Isle of Syke, Broadford. According to a couple of
sites, Broadford's code is SKL.

However, I cannot find this airflield in FS2002. The nearest I can get
to SKL is an NDB in the same place:

ISLE OF SKYE (BFD)
Type: NDB
Class: H
Frequency: 390.0 kHz
Morse: - . . . . . - . - . .

Latitude: N57* 15.20'
Longitude: W5* 49.47'
Elevation: +0

Does Skye's Broadford exist in FS2002 for other simmers? Or in FS9?

FWIW, I landed at Plockton (UK10).

I do appreciate than not every grass strip can be included in the
program but I have landed before on the beach near Southport -
Birkdale Sands (EGCO) to be precise.

Cheers
James

Hi all!

Please check my new site at: www.pilotamagazin.hu

Bye, Miklos

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

James Hodson wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Last night, I fancied a quick flight from Aberdeen Dyce (EGPD), across
> Scotland, to the Isle of Syke, Broadford. According to a couple of
> sites, Broadford's code is SKL.
>
> However, I cannot find this airflield in FS2002. The nearest I can get
> to SKL is an NDB in the same place:
>
> I do appreciate than not every grass strip can be included in the
> program but I have landed before on the beach near Southport -
> Birkdale Sands (EGCO) to be precise.
>
> Cheers
> James

I couldn't find it in FS2002 either.
--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:05:51 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
wrote:

>I couldn't find it in FS2002 either.

Hi Bob

According to my AA road atlas (yes, not the most suitable source for
navigation, I know) Skye is an airport with scheduled flights.
However, I do seem to recall that Syk'e strip is on the beach and so
is subject to the tides. This may explain FS2002's not showing the
airport.

Birkdale Sands (EGCO) is also on the sand but Southport's beach is
extremely wide from shore to sea. (I used to live near there.)

James