Where do the files go and deleting them

Sometimes when I delete files, such as temp. internet files, I can go to the
recycle bin and I will see that it needs to be emptied but other times I may
delete alot of different files and there is nothing in the recycle bin.
Where do the files go? Also, someone said you can go to the C drive if you
log on as Administrater in safe mode and delete index files and then reboot.
Does anyone know the commands to do that?

thanks,

Some files go to the Recycle Bin while others, like those in the Temporary
Internet Files folder, just plain go away.

"ethopes" <ethopes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes when I delete files, such as temp. internet files, I can go to
the
> recycle bin and I will see that it needs to be emptied but other times I
may
> delete alot of different files and there is nothing in the recycle bin.
> Where do the files go? Also, someone said you can go to the C drive if
you
> log on as Administrater in safe mode and delete index files and then
reboot.
> Does anyone know the commands to do that?
>
> thanks,

Jim

"ethopes" <ethopes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes when I delete files, such as temp. internet files, I can go to
the
> recycle bin and I will see that it needs to be emptied but other times I
may
> delete alot of different files and there is nothing in the recycle bin.
> Where do the files go?
Don't they get deleted when the recycle bin gets too full?
Jim