Storing inkjet printers,any suggestions?

My house has sold and I am going to take off for a couple of
months,quit my job, I'm hitting the road.

I am placing my printers: Epson C82, Canon S9000 and S900,in a
non- climate controlled storage unit. I googled this subject and
there seems to be conflicting advice. Some say they ink will dry out
and clog the printheads,others say it won't.

I figured that I'd get an answer here on this forum.

If anybody has experience with this please respond.

Bill Mcdonald currently in Joshua Tree

p.s. I may buy a rv, in which case I'll take one with me.
2 answers Last reply
More about storing inkjet printers suggestions

    "william mcdonald" <morongobill@excite.com> wrote in message
    > My house has sold and I am going to take off for a couple of
    > months,quit my job, I'm hitting the road.
    >
    > I am placing my printers: Epson C82, Canon S9000 and S900,in a
    > non- climate controlled storage unit. I googled this subject and
    > there seems to be conflicting advice. Some say they ink will dry out
    > and clog the printheads,others say it won't.

    How non-climate controlled will it be? Below freezing? Above 35C? I would
    probably wrap it in a garbage bag, thrown in a small damp sponge and seal it
    up, then wrap in blankets or similar to moderate temperature cycles. You may
    have some issues after a few months of storage, look up Arthur Entlich and
    email him a request for his unclogging guide. Print this and store it with the
    printer so you will have it when you need it later.

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick

    I'd surely second the idea of the damp sponge! Isn't Joshua Tree in the
    middle of the Southern California desert?
    Lola MacLean

Printers Inkjet Peripherals