How to connect from WinXP to Linksys BEFVP41 via IPSec?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,

I found a tutorial on the Linksys web site, but at the end of the
tutorial it says to Connect *from* the BEFVP41 to the WinXP box. I
need to go the other way around.

How do I connect from WinXP at home to the BEFVP41 at the office?

Thanks,
John

That is my exact setup, if you have your xp station configured correctly,
once you assign the IPsec policy on the xp station and you have the linksys
set up correctly they will connect on there own. If the Linksys is setup
correctly it will automatically look for the other endpoint and connect. It
may take 30-60 seconds to take place. Follow Linksys tutorial exactly, then
make adjustment from there if needed.

Mark