pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
- 3500+ Venny (already have)
- Chaintech VNF4
- Corsair VS (512x2)
- Aspire X-Plorer (really like the look and built in fan controller [need] ) Black case
- FPS 450W
- 6800GT PCIe (already have)
- 200GB 16mb buffer Maxtor
- DVD Burner (already have)
- BlueGears X-mystique Sound Card (Digital outputs, Dolby Digital Live :D )
- Leadtek TV2000XP Tuner card
- Logitech z5500 (already have)

- I was playing games like HL2 and COD2, so I hope the EAX2 support will be suffice for a good sound. Otherwise music and movies should sound awesome, which were more of my main uses.

- I was hoping the Leadtek would be sufficient for recording the occasional comedy show.

- I'm going to push as much performance out of the VS as I can. I've heard people getting 230mhz out of it, but am not sure how consistant that is.

The performance of it should be fine, but those three things were the only things I had questions about.

Maxiius

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
- Corsair VS (512x2)
- 200GB 16mb buffer Maxtor

- I was playing games like HL2 and COD2,

Quote is my only concerns for ya, drop another gig of ram in that beast for gaming, you'll appericate it, and I've heard alot of people having a rough time with those Maxtor's. Switching that to a Seagate or WD if possible for your budget.

baracuda73

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
If you plan on OC that processor you will want a different MOBO, I would suggest one from either DFI or EpOX as they are designed from the start to be overclocked. Either should be able to atain a high and more stable OC than a chaintech. I agree with prozac & maxiius go for either the WD or a Seagate. For HL2 and COD2 and others like BF2 2GB of ram would be a good idea. I noticed a difference in my system on HL2 between 1.5 and 2GB even.

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I'll keep the 2GB in mind. I doubt im going to be upgrading my rig from now until my next PC, maybe the graphics card.

I've already had 2 seagates so I have nothing to compare them too. For $90, 200GB, 16MB buffer, and NCQ sounded like a deal, I think WD had a 250 for like $120, without NCQ. I'll take my chances with the NCQ.

For as much as I am overclocking, the VNF4 will be plenty.

Did anyone have any recommendations on the three questions I had?