Why Tom's hardware is considered to be a joke...

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1. Why is it the more popular a web site becomes, the less useful it is?
2. Why is it called Forumz -- are we all ghetto now?
3. What happened to facts not fiction?
4. Can this web site be salvaged?

Solutions:
1. Must be some type of qualification process other than give me your EMail, activation link, get ready to receive a ton of spam -- not exactly a good way to attract intelligence (people who really know what they talk about) to this web site. Hint hint: make it a monthly pay site.

2. Avitars, images, slang, and more useless graphics to slow down and distract and now "English" is transformed into Ghetto. See point #1, again not a great way to attract intelligence and people that really know. Remove the non-essential content. Hint hint: make it a monthly pay site.

3. It can take hours to separate the facts from fiction and go thru the endless blind leading the blind arguements that ultimately evolve into a closed thread or becomes religious in nature. How about effective moderation to reduce the amount of trash talk and fiction? Hint hint: make it a monthly pay site.

4. I'm a senior software engineer (official title is Director of Development) and have considerable knowledge about the industry from hardware to the final product presented to a user. All of my colleagues consider this web site a joke. In fact, we can be discussing various aspect of compiler options and how well they will work or not with a specific CPU implementation and we'll joke about are decisions by saying such things as "I read it on Tom's Hardware". The solution is look at #1,#2, #3 and maybe, you will start to attract people that really know rather than the "I read it there, so it must be true" members. I realize that you will loose "popularity" if you implemented #1, #2, and #3 and most likely revenue to keep this site full of ads. So continues the poliferation of ignorance.

Hint hint: make it a monthly pay site.

Rob.