for a service like gotomypc, where I can "log on" to my home pc from
work and have access to my files and applications. I am looking for
some advice and answers to questions.

#1 Is there a significant delay or lag when accessing a remote pc? Can
you web browse using the browser on the remote pc with realistic
performance?
#2 Is $20 a month worth it, or can I get the same performance and
security with other VPNs?
#3 It would be really cool if I can sync my pocketpc with outlook on
my remote pc (home pc), through my VPN with my desktop cradle on my
hostpc (the one in my office).
I am not sure if this is possible.
#4 Is there any way to setup my homepc, so I can send a reboot command
if my homepc locks up? Does gotomypc make it easier to implement such
a feature?

Sanjay Punjab wrote:
> I just started a job at a company that has a tight IT policy (most do
> these days).
> Many websites are blocked including yahoo mail, hotmail and even my
> alumni school mail.
> We don't have administrator rights on our PCs, so we can't install any
> software.
> While this is understandable these days, I don't enjoy going to work
> each day feeling nanied to death. I am a responsible person who gets
> my work done and would like the similar computer conveniences and
> freedom I enjoyed at previous companies. I am considering signing up
> for a service like gotomypc, where I can "log on" to my home pc from
> work and have access to my files and applications. I am looking for
> some advice and answers to questions.
>
> #1 Is there a significant delay or lag when accessing a remote pc? Can
> you web browse using the browser on the remote pc with realistic
> performance?
> #2 Is $20 a month worth it, or can I get the same performance and
> security with other VPNs?
> #3 It would be really cool if I can sync my pocketpc with outlook on
> my remote pc (home pc), through my VPN with my desktop cradle on my
> hostpc (the one in my office).
> I am not sure if this is possible.
> #4 Is there any way to setup my homepc, so I can send a reboot command
> if my homepc locks up? Does gotomypc make it easier to implement such
> a feature?

What you are referring to here is NOT VPN, but VNC.
VPN is not remote control of a PC.