Best Asus Boards for ATI

Titaniumrsx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
What do you think is the best Asus MB out right now for ATI cards. Always been a ati fan although thinking about going with nvidia card and a sli prem. I dont think I will use crossfire or sli because of cost but the boards are still good. I might change my mind later if prices drop a lot. Is it a slap in the face to put an ati x1800 or 1900 in the asus sli prem or go the the crossfire board. Any Thoughts????

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
What do you think is the best Asus MB out right now for ATI cards... I dont think I will use crossfire or sli because of cost...
The ATI chipset board mentioned above is a Monster overclocker. If this appeals to you then go for it. It's also value priced.
If you are only going to use 1 videocard at a time, it makes no difference to the videocard which motherboard (ATI chip vs. NVidia chip vs. Via chip) you use.
The mobo you choose will make a difference to you though. You need to ask different questions to make sense of the right choice. Otherwise any board with the right CPU socket will do...

Titaniumrsx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I will mess with some overclocking but nothing real extreme. I will only be using 1 video card. Firewire is nice option for the camcorder and editing so thats a plus which the crossfire and sli boards have. Gaming is a must, just not paying for two video cards for a small gain. I am going ot get either and x1800 or x1900. For me its not worth the cash on two video cards but sure it would be nice. I have read good and bad reviews on the crossfire board and that is a 50/50 depbate among most it seems. The sli are getting great reviews, selling well, some problems but then show me a systems that doesn't until you get some bugs worked out. I might go with the crossfire board just in case i may decide to add another but i doubt it.

Titaniumrsx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Thats the board that I was first looking at then I thought might as well get the sli prem. But I was going to get an ati so thought that would be pointless to get sli board and an ati card so started looking at the crossfire baord. I will either go with the ASUS A8N-E or ASUS A8R-MVP. Right now I have

asus a8v-deluxe
2gb kingston hyper
ati AIW 9800 agp
antec 430 truepower but have antec 550 ready to go
36 raptor, 74 raptor and wd 250 se16 sataII
SB audy II
amd 3200

so all i need is motherboard and new ati. just waiting on x1800 for price to drop since x1900 came out